Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

just because you have had success in drinking gallons of water doesnt mean everyone else will. Be a little more open minded biggrin.gif . Water hardly affects my acne

honestly i drink about 2 botles of water everyday

i've tried not eating junk food and mostly eating healthy and i don't see any difference or improvement.

two bottles is nothing I drink about 8 bottles aday eat alot of fruits make your self a fruit plate.... apples, banannas, grapes,strawberries ect

I think certain foods can trigger acne (fried junk food, sugar, ect) but I also believe acne is hormonal so diet is not a cure all.

i agree..i think its a mix of food and hormones ...for me anyway

i break out when i pms..and then it takes forever to get rid of..then if i stress..ill get one...and certain foods...

but i think mainly hormones and to much of sugar,,hopfully tri cyclin will help

You guys,

I ate "healthy" for years before I got acne. I was eating healthy WHEN I got acne. By healthy, I mean no processed food, no dairy, hardly any sugar, most of what you see people recommend here. But I still got acne. At first, I was really frustrated because I couldn't understand how I could eat so healthy and still get acne. But I ultimately believe almost any afliction is a sign of imbalance in the body and that in most cases, with a lot of trial and error probably, it can be corrected. For me, it took a whole combo of things, but I have pretty much cleared myself up. I say "pretty much" because I no longer get any active zits and haven't now for several months, but I do get some small milia. But I feel so much better. I don't feel like I have "acne" anymore.

I cut out wheat, except for sprouted.

Cut out coffee

Absolutely NO refined sugar. I still have a little real maple syrup on my oatmeal if I eat that, or occassionally some honey in my tea.

I started taking fish oil

I take probiotics

Flax oil and/or flax meal on my salad every day

At first, I took a lot of liver and kidney cleansing herbs, but I'm not doing that so much anymore.

I took oxypowder, but I'm not sure that did anything. I go about 3 times a day anyway.

I drink about 100oz of water a day and start every day with warm lemon water.

Got serious about daily yoga/deep breathing to destress.

I should say that I took 6g of B5 for 2 months along with all the above things and I got clear in those 2 months. I quit the b5 in March, but continued with everything else.

I don't know if it's only one of these things keeping me clear or some combo, but whatever it is, it's working. Keep on testing things out. Good luck.

BTW, Dannie, I hope the ortho works for you. It broke me out horribly and I had a period that lasted 2 weeks while I was on it. That was the first and last time I take BC.

oh wow...thats nuts

i hope itworks...i only get pimples around the laugh lines so im thinkin its hormonal

i dunno if food really is the cuase i was guessin it was...cuz if i eat alot of certain things i notice pimples in those areas again.

hard to control

i take all those vitamins

plus acidopholis how ever u spell it...herd that helps with acne

Just be happy, and don't worry about your diet so much. I started breaking out really bad about 6 months ago, and I tried everything! I fasted 2 times, and avoided certain foods. Guess what? Nothing improved it. I decided that most of my acne is hormonal, and that if I eat a lot of one type of food, I may break out. Chances are that your acne is hormone related, or that you wash too much. I am seeing a doctor who specializes in hormone testing next month. They will tell me if my hormone levels are too high. I can't wait! For now, relax and eat what you want. Of course, avoid junk food because it's bad for you anyway.The less you worry, the less the body stresses.

I've got a good one for you guys. I stopped eating dairy and immediatley stopped breaking out for 2 months. And my acne was BAD. Cysts on my back and everything...Then it gradually came back without any diet changes! I wasnt that strict either, I just didn't eat dairy. So I was unbelievable frustrated and started taking spiro. Drugs seem to be the only sureshot for me sad.gif

Just be happy, and don't worry about your diet so much. I started breaking out really bad about 6 months ago, and I tried everything! I fasted 2 times, and avoided certain foods. Guess what? Nothing improved it. I decided that most of my acne is hormonal, and that if I eat a lot of one type of food, I may break out. Chances are that your acne is hormone related, or that you wash too much. I am seeing a doctor who specializes in hormone testing next month. They will tell me if my hormone levels are too high. I can't wait! For now, relax and eat what you want. Of course, avoid junk food because it's bad for you anyway.The less you worry, the less the body stresses.

Unless you are allergic to the food, straight up what you eat doesn't cause your acne, I don't know any other way to put it, but get that thought out of your head.

like why does everything tell me to cut out basically ALL FOOD POSSIBLE?

dairy, carbs & wheat, meats, fruits that have alot of sugar?

so you want me to live on fruits and vegetables?

sure i can snack on them, have them with things at meals but i can't stop eating basically EVERYTHING.

Unless you are allergic to the food, straight up what you eat doesn't cause your acne, I don't know any other way to put it, but get that thought out of your head.