Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

keepitcoming, where did you order your freederm from??

TylerD, if you're from the UK, just go to your local pharmacy and ask them to order some freederm for you. My dad used a supplier called AAH, pronounced as 'A' 'H'. From them it comes next day, or even same day if you order in the morning before 10am.

I got it from pharmacy2u.co.uk and they have just sent me an email saying that the product has been delayed and wont be with them till next week, i might pop down to my local pharmacy and put in an order, would you consider an asda pharmacy as being a real one or should i go to an independant one? Thanks.

where do i get this stuff from sad.gif went to boots this morning, and they have completely sold out, they said as soon as it hit the shelf it went by high demand round here :-\ must be good stuff lol, any other places i can get it ? boots dont know when they getting more in stock

where do i get this stuff from sad.gif went to boots this morning, and they have completely sold out, they said as soon as it hit the shelf it went by high demand round here :-\ must be good stuff lol, any other places i can get it ? boots dont know when they getting more in stock

Well I got this stuff pretty much before all the 'major' retailers got stocks of it. My dad's a pharmacist, and found out about freederm ages ago, and ordered some straight away. It arrived the same day that I found this website, and read about the regime.

I initially started using just the freederm for a week, then the more I read about the success stories with BP I decided to try that, and gave up on the freederm for a few days, then decided to combine the 2 like I'm doing now.

Before I started all this, my cheeks had a few spots, and redness, and my forehead was pretty bad. Now my cheeks have almost cleared up, I've got a big (cystic??) spot on my left cheek which is defo going down slowly, and my forehead is just in 'aftermath' stages, getting rid of the red marks and a few little spots. Overall I'd say the combination seems to work pretty well for me.

I've tried everything over the last 9-10 years and I think I'm finally winning!!! When you're applying the freederm, don't put too much onto your finger at once, as it dries very quickly and absorbs ultra-fast. A little seems to go a long way. As an added bonus, I've found that the freederm seems to help get rid of flakies as well, so it kinda counters the over-drying and redness effects of the BP.

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being low and 10 being the highest, how good do you think the stuff is? I'm thinking about getting it on perscription because I can't afford to be paying out big money for it if it's not any good lol.gif  excl.gif

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being low and 10 being the highest, how good do you think the stuff is? I'm thinking about getting it on perscription because I can't afford to be paying out big money for it if it's not any good
I would put it as a 9 for now, as I've found it works very well with the bp. Not a 10 cos nothing is perfect. I think the dryness is probably because of the citric acid in it. I put some moisturiser on after the freederm has dried, I use neutrogena pore refining moisturiser with spf 15, which is expensive considering the size of the tube, but it works pretty well.

Your local pharmacist (not boots, asda, etc, as they aren't really that good), would be able to get the freederm for you. There are a lot of suppliers that pharmacists use, especially the independent one's, so im sure they should be able to get you some. You could try getting it on prescription Kia, but that would mean getting ur GP to actually agree with you!!! ( which is pretty hard from my experience )...

Maybe it's just me, but I didnt see anywhere what this gel actually does to the P.acnes bacteria - does it kill it? If not, I can't really see how it could work at eliminating spots, rather it just alleviates the angriness/redness of them? I personally think using it in combination with BP sounds the best option eusa_angel.gif

Well in effect im doing the same thing as grey fox, but instead of using bp im just gonna use a PCMX containing cleanser, provon to be precise to do the bacteria killing for me. Ill see how it goes.

Ok guys, just recieved the gel and put it on, it drys really quickly so you gotta be fast spreading it. I didnt put it on the whole of my face because it would take alot to do that, and i dont wanna use it all up yet! post back to see how it goes.

Well it seems to be doing its job but its early days. I have noticed though that it leaves behind alot of flaking around the spot much like bp does. Might start just using it in the evening to avoid the embarresment during the day.

Well it seems to be doing its job but its early days. I have noticed though that it leaves behind alot of flaking around the spot much like bp does. Might start just using it in the evening to avoid the embarresment during the day.

Hello all, my first post eusa_dance.gif

Ok, im a 16 yo guy who has moderate acne, and quite a few red marks on both cheeks. Ive just bought this stuff as it seems well recommended and i wanted a break from a BP regimen as it doesnt seem to be doing much good anymore (in clearing up further). I currently have about 3 or 4 active spots (small whiteheads) mostly on the left side of my face (pic attatched, sorry about the poor quality).

Ok, now im currently following this regimen:

Morning

Olay Sensitive Skin Moisturiser

Night

Olay Sensitive Skin Cleanser

Freederm

Olay Sensitive Skin Moisturiser

Im thinking of replacing the moisturiser at night with Dove Sensitive Essentials Night Cream, is this a good idea?

Also, I'd like to know what exactly Freederm will do if i continue like this, will it completely get rid of active spots, or just a few? And will this help any of my red marks, or will I have to do a peel for that?

Hope someone can help with some of my questions, thanks.

post-24963-1117903322_thumb.jpg

post-24963-1117903322_thumb.jpg

Does anyone no the cheapest place to buy this online?

I now can not find it on the Boots website and Im going to run out soon LOL?

In the United States, Nicomide T cream or gel can be special ordered through your pharmacist (no prescription needed).

Nicomide T is the same as the Freederm gel sold in the U.K., a 4% niacinamide solution.

Some studies have been done which show it is very effective in healing acne without the drying side effects of BP, which many people hate. If you search the internet, some people swear by this stuff. I've never read anything negative about it.

If you want a good SPF and night moisturizer to use over the Freederm or Nicomide T, try the Olay Total Effects line. It contains Vitaniacin, which is a blend of niacinamide, but

I doubt if it anywhere near approaches 4%, so it stop acne, but I'll bet it won't make you break out either, and would probably compliment the 4% Nicomide T or Freederm.

Have just started using freederm, i have been applying it both at night and in the morning, then follow it with oil free moistuiser.

Do you think it best to apply the freederm then the moistuiser, or the other way round?. Plus i put make up on the morning to.

What doe eveyone else do?

Have just started using freederm, i have been applying it both at night and in the morning, then follow it with oil free moistuiser.

Do you think it best to apply the freederm then the moistuiser, or the other way round?. Plus i put make up on the morning to.

What doe eveyone else do?

I started to use this from last tuesday...and am really not sure about it.

I found that within 24 hours of application i got a lot of new very small whiteheads...literally where the pore just had a tiny whitehead (no inflamation) I thought this was fine because its better for these to rise quickly without redness, as opposed to big spots.....however my whole face was like this.

My forehead, usually a good plce on my face, had many of these small whiteheads come up, and my cheek bones just had so many.

Yesterday, feeling like crap i decided to leave freederm alone, and today was the same. I usually use a SA face wash, apply some SA treatment and moisturise. This hasn't cleared me, but kinda keeps things under control.

I want to continue the use of freederm, but the immediate reaction i got was just a little too much to take...so i just dunno.

Yeah mate i get exactly the same thing! Especially on my cheekbones as you say. The thing about my cheeks is i rarely get zits there but when i do, and i do after about 2 week, they are big mother fuckers! So i dunno whether its best to keep this up to stop the big ones coming and just have lots of small ones there..... when there is lots of them they can mae the area red though. Im starting to think this stuff is good for when you can feel a zit coming on but not for applying in the effected areas all the time.

jonny hang in there. With good acne medications, your skin will get worse before it gets better. I've read if you can get through the first awful initial month of breakouts, your skin will improve from there.

I am really interested in using niacinamide (Freederm in U.K., Nicomide T here in the U.S), and I've researched it extensively. Everything I've read says that a 4% niacinamide is so effective for acne, and your skin will never get immune to it. Your skin is just going through an adjustment period now, so it looks bad.

Today I am going to my pharmacist to pick up my two tubes of Nicomide T that I special ordered. One is a cream and one is a gel. I'll see which I like better.

I expect all the gunk in my pores to come to the surface using this, but I'm determined to see it through and wait it out. I can't stand using BP anymore (for various reasons) although I used to rave about it.

I'm also using a good antibacterial cleanser, which I'll still use along with the Nicomide.

Wow, glad im not alone. Since using Freederm for 3 nights, ive had 2 whiteheads to the left of my right eyebrow and one to the right of my right eyebrow. Also i got 2 on my left cheek after the first night, but they seemed to have cleared off now. Got one to the side of my chin as well, and there seems to be quite a few flesh coloured bumps on my cheeks, cant be seen very well though, so i think ill continue for a month or two with this.