Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so I'm about 26 days on Accutane (generic) and my nose pores (blackheads) came to head they were all but out of my nose - so I very softly pushed them out (i know shouldn't pop) anyway a solid substance came out - I guess the clogged pore. Well it left a small (needle side) hole - well i went crazy and got a lot of them out of my nose - now there are quite a few of these little holes - are these scars or what. HOw are the blackheads suppose to come out if they are just going to leave holes.

well, what did you expect? Besides. What's better? Skin colored holes or BLACK heads?

Last week my blackheads were so bad that my nose felt liek sand paper. I'm on accutane and now almost all the blackheads are out and I am happy yo have a smooth nose back! I don't care about the holes.

My black heads came out. Some still are. But the holes do go away. It just takes time. Try not to touch them though. I am not sure if it's possible, but I wouldn't want to risk clogging them back up by playing around.

well, what did you expect? Besides. What's better? Skin colored holes or BLACK heads?

Last week my blackheads were so bad that my nose felt liek sand paper. I'm on accutane and now almost all the blackheads are out and I am happy yo have a smooth nose back! I don't care about the holes.

thanks patience -

That helps! I know I need to leave them alone b/c I think by removing them prematurely I'm risking just having crap enter back in the holes. Thanks.

Guest Amy Lee

Holes where blackheads originally stayed will shrink to normal pore size. Leave it alone and give it time.

But if it got scarred, for example by pricking blackheads the wrong way out to the surface, that's different then.

thanks - i learned my lesson - no more picking. It doesn't look like scares just holes that were there the second the blackhead came out.

The "impactions" in my nose, which weren't even blackheads but just "gunk" really, also came out 3-5 weeks into Accutane (6 weeks now and all clear); I too was tempted to "squeeze" the hell out of my nose. However I found a much better way and it has got all the "gunk" out of my pores while letting the Accutane gradually shrink pore size on its own time by way of reducing oil gland size and activity. What you do is this: steam your face over a bowl of boiled water (from your kettle); you just put your face over the water for 5 minutes and it helps if you drape a towel over your head to trap in the steam, like your head is in its own little tent. Steam your face like this 5 minutes, this opens up your pores and loosens the sebum trapped inside (in this case the blackheads which are just sebum exposed at the surface of the pore thereby oxidised and turned black in appearance). Then you take a Biore pore strip and put it on your nose 10 minutes. Then you shower and use Clean and Clear Blackhead Cleansing Scrub gently on your nose. This altogether gets rid of your blackheads, while using the egg white-lemon mask (say in the evening if you do the steam-biore strip-clean and clear regimen in the morning) will help shrink dilated pores from the OUTSIDE while Accutane physically and semi-permanently (depending on whether your underlying hormonal imbalance subsides or resolves over the next few years) shrinks your pores at the same time from INSIDE by shrinking your oil glands.

Try out this regimen, it really took care of my nose so far on Accutane and then it's also totally minimized my pores on my nose, which always been naturally quite noticeable.