Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I've seen great reviews on Drugstore.com, actually it has 5 stars, and I just recieved it yesterday in the mail, but I was just wondering if any of ya'll have tried it becuase I can't really find anything about it on this site, which really suprises me since you would think if it is that good, wouldn't more acne sufferers knwo about it... well for those who don't know, its a bar soap which is made specifially for acne prone skin, and the reviews say that most of the people have had their skin cleared, so for whoever has tried this with good or bad results, please reply!

Guest TylerD

I dont really know usually when its something like just a cleanser it takes a while to see if it works or not. Where a cream or a gel where you leave it on your face the hole time you can see if it breaks you out or if it clears you up. A cleanser takes a while to work but i guess the only way to see if this actually works is if you just go ahead and try it yourself.

there are three pages of reviews for cuticura at drugstore.com and only 2 of those people didnt rate it 5 out of 5...

i guess that tells you something?

OH yea I know, thats why I got the soap, mainly i was wondering for the people here that have tried it, how long it takes to see good results, cus i need them SOON... !

OH yea I know, thats why I got the soap, mainly i was wondering for the people here that have tried it, how long it takes to see good results, cus i need them SOON... !

Yea Ive been using this since this Monday, same here, so far so good, the problem i was having is that I got my Provon the same day so I was wondering if anyone could tell me which one would work quicker, thanks for the reply, and and where did you pick up your cuticura cus i looked everywhere for it and eventually had to order it at drugstore.com. I checked walgreens and albertsons which it says on the cuticura website that they sell it there.. anyways i live in TX if that helps.

Hi tt:

I used Cuticura soap for many years as a teenager and young adult, and always found it to work fabulously. I don't even recall any initial breakouts. For me it was very mild and non-irritating, but it worked really well. I only went off of it when I couldn't find it after I moved. I have since found it again and will be using it. Great stuff!

Yea Ive been using this since this Monday, same here, so far so good, the problem i was having is that I got my Provon the same day so I was wondering if anyone could tell me which one would work quicker, thanks for the reply, and and where did you pick up your cuticura cus i looked everywhere for it and eventually had to order it at drugstore.com.  I checked walgreens and albertsons which it says on the cuticura website that they sell it there.. anyways i live in TX if that helps.

well at the moment i am pmsing arg, and about to go on my trip in 2 days, so i have these two pimples on my cheeks that are really close together and kinda underground, but im trying to get rid of them asap, but other than that i think its been working well. Ill have to update when i get back from my trip on the 20th of June cus thatll be a good enough time to know by then.

I saw this product at the DOLLAR STORE and was afriad to purchase it !!

I read the ingredients some are really harsh but it did say it will help you achieve beautiful skin

Hey everyone.. Im new to this board. I also found many bars of Cuticura at the 99 cent store in Brooklyn NY. I quickly jumped on the net to see if it had been recalled or anything like that. Im glad to see so many people had positive results. Wouldn't it be wonderful to say your face cleared up from a product that costed only 99 cents.

Keep me posted.

Go to Cuticura.com for info on the soap as well as locations whre it is sold.

It noted that the antibactial agent Triclocarbon is a chemical cousin to Triclosan which is in Dial antibacterial saop. Maybe our derm wasn't nuts when he suggested my kids use Dial liquid for their faces.

Cuticura is, by far, one of my favorite soaps. Works like a charm. My mom actually used it when she was in her 20s, and passed on the addiction to me. :D

It seems hard to find in retail stores. We just order it online, at http://store.cuticura.com.

Hope you enjoy it.

I am really happy to see that some people here have heard of and used Cuticura. I read a short blurb on Makeupalley about it, when looking at ProActiv reviews, and went on to find the soap at drugstore.com. I ordered 2 of the blue bars (Original Formula) that should be arriving tomorrow. I can't wait to start trying it out! I am also one of those long-time acne sufferers who has tried nearly everything under the sun (including Accutane, which cleared my face up 85-90% 6 years ago). I hope this works. My skin is not "bad" now, but I still break out and I want perfect skin - or as near perfect as *I* can have! If it works and can be found at the Dollar Store, I will be sooooo happy!!!

panacea :)

Hey everyone.. Im new to this board. I also found many bars of Cuticura at the 99 cent store in Brooklyn NY. I quickly jumped on the net to see if it had been recalled or anything like that. Im glad to see so many people had positive results. Wouldn't it be wonderful to say your face cleared up from a product that costed only 99 cents.

Keep me posted.

They sell this at my local doolar store too. I havent tried it though. I think I tried the liquid form when I was younger, and it must not have worked, but I have never tried the bar soap. wich one does eveyone use that works soo well, there are soo many differnt kinds?

Keep me posted.

They sell this at my local doolar store too. I havent tried it though. I think I tried the liquid form when I was younger, and it must not have worked, but I have never tried the bar soap. wich one does eveyone use that works soo well, there are soo many differnt kinds?

From what I have read, it's the Original Formula soap (the blue bar). Good luck! I received my bars yesterday and tried it out. It felt slightly cooling, refreshing, took my makeup off well and didn't leave my skin too dry or tight feeling. Will see how my skin looks and feels in a week or two.

Thanks!

quote name='panacea' date='Jun 21 2006, 02:29 PM' post='1184883']

Keep me posted.