Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am using many, many different kinds of treatments for my acne/acne scars. I dont know if they're workin yet, cause its only week 1. But here's what i'm using (prepare tobe overwhelmed):

Morning:(in order)

-A Purifying cleanser with 3.7% BP in it. It came with a set called AcneFree

-tape method

-AcneFree set toner

-vinegar method

wait 30 min

-AcneFree set BP Creme (3.7%)

-Natures Cure tablet

Throughout the day:

drink 64 oz of lemon water

Night:

-Neutrogena Blackhead Elimanating Scrub

-tape method

-same toner from morning

-vinegar method

-Neutrogena On the spot BP creme

-Natures Cure tablet

_____________________-

alot, dont you think? my skin is scarred (it could be blackheads thoug) and I have tons of little whiteheads. occasional pimpl. lots of red.

do you think I should add anymore? take some away? Also, I read about a method involving ice before washing my face...should I try it?

I don't think your using too many products but the problem is if one of them doesn't work or irritates your skin, you have all of those methods and products to go through to find out which one is causing the problem and that could be a big hassle. Basically it's always better to slowly add in products over time. So, starting with your basic cleanser, bp cream and moisturizer and then once adjusted to that, adding other products one by one.

I would remove the tape method personally, cleansing/gentle exfoliating is more than enough. I'm not sure about the vinegar method could you elaborate on the point of that? Toner perhaps? Why are you using two BP creams? To save the AcneFree one? Also where is the moisturizer?

I don't think your using too many products but the problem is if one of them doesn't work or irritates your skin, you have all of those methods and products to go through to find out which one is causing the problem and that could be a big hassle. Basically it's always better to slowly add in products over time. So, starting with your basic cleanser, bp cream and moisturizer and then once adjusted to that, adding other products one by one.

I would remove the tape method personally, cleansing/gentle exfoliating is more than enough. I'm not sure about the vinegar method could you elaborate on the point of that? Toner perhaps? Why are you using two BP creams? To save the AcneFree one? Also where is the moisturizer?

I don't have dry skin either, but when using BP your going to need a moisturizer. Even otherwise, it is always better to use a moisturizer. Find a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic, oil-free, and hypoallergenic that won't clog pores. Lubriderm is a good company.

Ditch the Neutrogena BP, or whichever one doesn't apply as well, there's no need for two kinds unless your running out of one.

I say dump either the toner or vinegar, or just do the toner in the morning and vinegar at night. Also, its really not necessary to do the tape method twice a day. Just do it at night to save yourself some time in the morning.

Also, as long as your skin isn't drying out, and it isn't irritated and red, I think the amount of products your using are okay. If you have similar skin to me, then you should be able to tolerate it.

I say dump either the toner or vinegar, or just do the toner in the morning and vinegar at night. Also, its really not necessary to do the tape method twice a day. Just do it at night to save yourself some time in the morning.

Also, as long as your skin isn't drying out, and it isn't irritated and red, I think the amount of products your using are okay. If you have similar skin to me, then you should be able to tolerate it.

I agree with 18yrold in regards to the toner and vinegar. Either pick one or alternate.

also as Revolution suggested it's probably best to bring in just one product at a time so you can more accurately gauge what is working, what isn't working, and what (heaven forbid) is making it worse. I try and give each product at least 2 weeks before chucking them or bringing in something new... but usually I cave after a week wink.gif

I don't know how you would apply BP with a cotton pad or ball, or why you would want to?

If it's a question of hygiene just make sure you wash your hands thoroughly first, but since you're applying it after cleansing your face I would think your fingers would be clean enough... have you seen the video Dan's got on here about applying BP? If not you might want to take a peek.

And if bp does start drying out your skin don't be scared of a little moisturiser.

Yes, but why should I alternate toner and vinegar? do they overdry or something?

And the directions for the AcneFree BP says you should apply with a cotten pad....

the vinegar basically has all the benefits of a toner (IMO) and when applied together twice a day the toner and vinegar could prove to be overdrying... which isn't a good thing.

Is the AcneFree BP liquid? is that why they suggest applying it with a cotton pad? If it is a gel or cream than your fingers will be fine, if liquid it's probably easiest to apply it with a cotton pad.

good luck smile.gif

Thank you very much everybody!!!!!

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what to remove from my Regimen?

okay, here's my revised regimen:

Day:

Cleanser

BP

Toner

Tablet

Night:

Cleanser

BP

Vinegar

Tablet

Vinegar

Tape

Throughout Day:

Lemon Water

Medium box of raisins

On occasion (once a week? Twice?):

Scrub

Ice

Moisturize if dry

better?

In my personal opinion you are using way too many products.....but thats for me. There is no way I could use all the things you do. I am just lazy. I agree 100% with the water but have you tried to bump the amount up a bit? I drink a minimum of 64 ounces but strive to get 80. I got better results when I just completely drank water all day instead of junk. I had to let go of the soads completely. I have found that if I use too many things my face gets irritated. All I do is wash,tone when I remember it and moisturize. Thats it and my face looks amazing. I am now starting to see my red spots fade! WOOHOO! Good luck to you in finding the routine that works for you.

I would forget the tape method and stick to the vinegar and BS, thats more that enough exfoliation, you might cause some damage otherwise like i did before doubt.gif .

Tom

Yeah, but even fter vinegar nd cleansing, I put the tape on, pull it off, and a HUGE amount of dead skin comes off....is it possible that I'm not cleansing good enough?