Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nataliep

Top 5 scar treatments that don't work

Please add your own list. This is my own list and these things MAY have worked for other people.

For my hypertrophic

1. Mederma- gave it 6 months 3-4 times a day - did absolutely nothing except it even gave me acne because of irritation from rubbing. waste of time and money.

2. Laser - my first option in treating my hypertrophic- it was too invasive my scar was all black and had a big hole for a couple months after that it came back a little bigger. Doctors really should be responsible for failed medical treatments.

3. Silicone sheets - You expect me to wear this all day every day for the rest of my life? I tried it for about 3 months wearing it as much as I could it was flat after but it wasn't permanent. Waste of money.

4. Scotch Tape Method - I can't believe I tried this- but I ended up getting acne probabbly from irritatation.

5. Acne Medication - they make the hypertrohpic smaller but when you stop taking the medfication they go back to how they were.

So far I'm still looking for a miracle for my hypertrophic just like I found the miracle for my ice-picks- TCA 80%

Please add your own list.  This is my own list and these things MAY have worked for other people.

For my hypertrophic

1. Mederma- gave it 6 months 3-4 times a day - did absolutely nothing except it even gave me acne because of irritation from rubbing. waste of time and money.

2. Laser - my first option in treating my hypertrophic- it was too invasive my scar was all black and had a big hole for a couple months after that it came back a little bigger.  Doctors really should be responsible for failed medical treatments. 

3. Silicone sheets - You expect me to wear this all day every day for the rest of my life? I tried it for about 3 months wearing it as much as I could it was flat after but it wasn't permanent. Waste of money.

4.  Scotch Tape Method - I can't believe I tried this- but I ended up getting acne probabbly from irritatation.

5.  Acne Medication - they make the hypertrohpic smaller but when you stop taking the medfication they go back to how they were.

So far I'm still looking for a miracle for my hypertrophic just like I found the miracle for my ice-picks- TCA 80%

Hi,

As I've been miserable recently with some fresh scarring that is prominent, I felt the need to help others if I found something good.

Yes can confirm Elicina was not very effective.

Spyrex not helping either. And it promised so much.

Having visible results with Derma E after only 1 week. Impressive.

Seems to work best when applied under a bandage... but also lightens the scar visibly when applied semi-thickly overnight.

Can only hope you all find what works for you.

Good luck.

And vbeam and microdermabrasion and the blue light therapy and ALA treatment with blue light... eusa_shifty.gif

Don't work for acne scars: smoothbeam/vbeam

Dr. Pilest and staff in Irvine, CA, gave me bullshit about how much better I looked. Also the staff is very aggressive in upselling you their brand of acne treatments, and claim the products sold in stores sucks. By the way, the "Doctor" drives a Ferrari, which is from duped patients like me. A facial treatment was also recommended by the doctor, but the f***ing esthetician left a scar when extracting blackhead. Never allow an esthetician to use an instrument to extract your blackhead!