Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne started off on my forehead, then spread to my neck. Then my shoulders and upper back. My back quickly got worse than my face has ever been. The pimples get gigantic and inflamed.

I've been on Accutane for over 2 months now, and although I am quite dry, it has not really helped my backne much. In fact, it's continued spreading to my lower back, my upper arms and my chest.

It's bad enough that I'm embarassed someone will see me from behind when I'm swimming, now it looks as if the front of me will get just as bad. The back actually looks worse than it actually is, a lot of the red dots are scars, not new acne.

The worst part is, I have a terrible habit of picking at my pimples until they bleed. I do it unconsciously, and have probably caused scarring much worse than what would have happened if I let it alone.

Can I use benzoyl peroxide or anything else while on Accutane? What moisturizer? Reaching my back to clean as thoroughly as I do my face is a big enough problem. When I use Spectrojel, it overdries me and makes me white and flaky, but I'm not sure if I should put lotion on overtop, or if that will counteract what the medication and cleanser are working towards.

_cameron - I don't know if this could help, but I hope so!

Personally, I'm not sure something too drying would benefit you right now. I know it's also hard to reach back there.

What I did that helped me with back acne was using Aveeno skin relief body wash.

I have never been crazy about body washes but had tried Neutrogena Skin clearing body wash long ago with no success. My skin also became itchy, and that is what led me to try Aveeno's wash. Not only was it soothing, it also helped the acne.

Maybe try this for at least a week, and see if it does any good.

I put some on a large sponge (like the smaller round ones for the body but this one's longer and on a stick, for the back - soft, not rough), lather and rub my back, arms and chest with it.

I hope this can help some!

Li B.

The Neutrogena body wash may have been called Body Clear Body Wash. I don't quite remember as it was quite some time ago, but I think they only have one.

You can view comments on it in the thread named Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash.

Is the acne cystic? All the body washes and BP aren't going to do shit if your acne is cystic. Your only 2 months into Accutane, don't worry about it too much. You've still got another 2-3 months on this drug and you may not see results until the end. What dosage of Accutane are you on and how much do you weigh? Maybe you can get your doctor to increase the dosage. I would just stay patient and try not to use BP because it will just make red marks last much longer especially since you're on Accutane.

cameron, they key is: moisturize. letting it too dry wont help. since i started mosturizing my bacne got better and better. im using cetaphil moisturizing cream after bp gel