Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dws

freckles, dark spots? whats wrong with my face

i had freckles when i was younger and they never really went away much. i have dark marks on my face which i think is acne but my face just seems unclean.. even tho i have few pimples. what can i do about them? wear sunscreen helps but i dont like wearing it cause it has a strong smell and some cause acne sad.gif

i had freckles when i was younger and they never really went away much. i have dark marks on my face which i think is acne but my face just seems unclean.. even tho i have few pimples. what can i do about them? wear sunscreen helps but i dont like wearing it cause it has a strong smell and some cause acne sad.gif

AHA's and BHA's can help reduce the look of dark-spots.

I'm currently using a SA and Zinc prod from Garnier and it's working wonderfully at getting rid of old acne scars. Neutrogena makes (or used to make) a fruit and SA acne treatment that was also good at getting rid of dark spots.

I think generally a skin-safe acid is a good way to start, and a really easy thing to use is Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner, and some ppl even mix in a little red tea (rooibos) and that works quite well too, as does lemon juice (both applied sparingly or diluted, don't hold it on your skin for 10 min again!!!)

don't expect over night miracles though. I think that it is much easier on the skin if you do things in a more gentle, less drastic nature, although that said, using one of the new peel prods would prob help your skin as well, but just make sure you follow the directions bc unless you are having something done by a derm, you really shouldn't expect overnight results.