Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lexy

What's the deal w/ peels?

From what I've been reading in the threads, it seems like peels don't work very well for scarring. But I keep seeing here on the scar forum that people are doing peels...i.e., Questions about peels... Where do I get this and that peel and what not.... What's the deal? Are you all getting improvements on your scarring w/ peels? If so, please share. I don't see why peels wouldn't be popular in the scar forums unless they were effective on scarring.

Edit: Lol, I looked back at the posts and maybe I'm exagerrating on the threads/posts. But nonetheless, I wanna know if people are getting results. Seems a lot are doing it.

From what I've been reading in the threads, it seems like peels don't work very well for scarring.  But I keep seeing here on the scar forum that people are doing peels...i.e., Questions about peels... Where do I get this and that peel and what not.... What's the deal?  Are you all getting improvements on your scarring w/ peels? If so, please share. I don't see why peels wouldn't be popular in the scar forums unless they were effective on scarring.

Edit:  Lol, I looked back at the posts and maybe I'm exagerrating on the threads/posts.  But nonetheless, I wanna know if people are getting results.  Seems a lot are doing it.

I have gotten great results useing peels. The jessner/tca combo is my fav. cause it keeps me from breaking out. I like to use a lower % tca to do cross on my scars, this has worked very, very well for me, I did that about 4 times and then I just did a deep peel jessner/20% tca. my scars are almost completely gone. I have a new one from pickin at a cyst type zit, but as soon as my peel came off, I treated it with 20% (just the scar itself)so hopefully that will help it go away.

I have gotten great results useing peels. The jessner/tca combo is my fav. cause it keeps me from breaking out. I like to use a lower % tca to do cross on my scars, this has worked very, very well for me, I did that about 4 times and then I just did a deep peel jessner/20% tca. my scars are almost completely gone. I have a new one from pickin at a cyst type zit, but as soon as my peel came off, I treated it with 20% (just the scar itself)so hopefully that will help it go away.

That is great Kamstan! I am very happy to hear when people are getting progress with their treatments. Just wondering, what type of scarring did you have and the severity prior to the peels/cross?

That is great Kamstan!  I am very happy to hear when people are getting progress with their treatments.  Just wondering, what type of scarring did you have and the severity prior to the peels/cross?

I just had minor scaring, large pores (caused by picking cause they are fixed now) and I had some saucer shaped ones (one was pretty deep, it's barely visible now) and I had some that are rectangle (those I can still see a little) I need to spot treat those again.

Hey guys

I have mostly minor scarring some are deeper types though and I am really keen to do the jessner/tca combo with the tca cross. I have been off accutane for 4 months and have been using retin-a with some results. How long before I should try to do the peels.... Not sure with accutane and retin-a post ;

Thanks for your help.

I haven't had active acne in over a decade and don't have any scars, but been lurking on this board and been reading suggestions and what not about how to treat my large pores (nose, cheeks, between eyes, the trouble spots) and decided to pick up some TCA just for kicks about 1/2 a year ago.

Didn't use it for around 3 months, just sat around til I decided what the hell and did a 15% peel on my nose only, noticed a slight improvement and a month later I did a 30% and now there's a fairly large improvement. Of course the pores are still there, but they're a lot less noticeable now and also I can actually apply makeup (yah, I'm not afraid to use some makeup as a guy =)) and have it look "natural". Before the pores were so large that it wasn't even possible to use makeup on my nose cause it'd just make it look worse (or at least more embarassing for me, since it was really easy to see I was wearing makeup). I plan on doing another peel in another week (3 weeks since last one and I'm 28 so still heal fairly quickly), with another 30% solution. The only bad part is from days 3-7 or so when your skin is all white and dead but not yet ready to come off. tongue.gif

Anyway, basically, I've been happy w/ what TCA was able to do with the large pores on my nose.

when talking about tca peel and tca cross, the only difference is the percentage of tricholoroacetic acid use or is it completely different thing?? BTW, is the TCA used in chemical lab same as the one used in peel and cross?