Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TGE232

Finally Finished with Accutane

ok now that i have finished acctuane, i am wondering what to do with my face now. i am completely satisfied with what accutane has done and it has made me about 99% clear, although there still are redmarks, i know those will fade with time. but i am almost fully convinced that my acne before accutane was caused by irritating my face too much and thus making it break out. there are places on my face where i diddnt wash much or put on all those gels and whatnot simply because i had long hair that covered parts of my face. well, in those certain areas i noticed that i stayed completely clear here. there is even a distinct line dividing the clear parts of my face and un-clear parts if i pull my hair back (the places where i put medication and the places where i did not). even my forehead (which was also covered by my long hair) has remained almost completely clear for as long as i can remember. i would touch it and not care about it since my hair covered it, but that is the place that it stayed clear. i remember when i diddnt have much acne and only used a small amount of products on my face, but ever since i started using more and more products hoping that they would clear my face, it only made it worse than before. i am scared to put this differen gel that my derm says will act as a protective barrier on my face the keep the acne away because i think it might just irritate my skin and leave me right back where i started. so what does everyone think i should do with my face now, i am thinking that i should just try washing with water becuase i have heard several success stories with this method.

and other thing....i have NEVER had acne on my body and i never cared to wash it with anything but regular soap whenever i took a shower. i do remember though a while back i thought i started getting some body acne so i bought some body acne scrub, and it only made it worse although i never even had acne there to begin with. when i stopped using it, it was gone just like before and that is the only time i can even remember having something even resembling body acne.

...i am almost fully convinced that my acne before accutane was caused by irritating my face too much and thus making it break out. there are places on my face where i diddnt wash much or put on all those gels and whatnot simply because i had long hair that covered parts of my face. well