Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am 27 years old and new to this site. I have had acne off and on for almost 15 years. It started when I was 13 and after my Accutane treatments at age 18 my acne cleared up completely. From age 19 to 25 I was completely clear and never had to worry about getting acne from eating pizza,chocolate, you know the mythical things you are supposed to avoid. Then all of a sudden when I turned 26 my skin began breaking out horribly! I have lost my confidence and my self esteem is at an all time low. It is amazing how acne affects people emotionally; clear skin can really make the difference between going out and meeting new people or staying couped up in the house for the weekend. I am a better person when my skin is clear but on days like today I feel totally depressed. I hope that I am able to get rid of this problem soon so that I can be my confident self again. Acne ruined my high school years and I am determined not to loose years of my life to acne again. Looking in the mirror makes me feel like I did when I was in high school; even my sister asked me the other day "Why is you skin breaking out so bad?" My daughter asked me why I had so many red marks on my face. Other people are noticing my acne and that's beause they were used to seeing me with clear skin. I am dreaming of the day when I can go to a family function with perfectly clear skin and show off what I used to be. Any similar situations out there? Anybody fighting an uphill battle with acne after being acne free? Feeling frustrated, need a pick me up. eusa_wall.gif

I had flawless skin from 19-24. As a teenager, it was mild-moderate on and off. Nothing to get upset about. 8 months before my 25th bday I broke out bad. My derm and I believe it is because I switched to a high-estrogen dose birth control called Seasonale. All my acne is gone now, but I have tons of red marks, and even with makeup, I can't hide them completely. I'm depressed all the time, too sad.gif

I know EXACTLY how you feel!

I am a male and I have been flirting with using Accutane again. I am trying the regimen now just to see what happens; hopefully I will see some results.

I had flawless skin from 19-24. As a teenager, it was mild-moderate on and off. Nothing to get upset about. 8 months before my 25th bday I broke out bad. My derm and I believe it is because I switched to a high-estrogen dose birth control called Seasonale. All my acne is gone now, but I have tons of red marks, and even with makeup, I can't hide them completely. I'm depressed all the time, too sad.gif

I know EXACTLY how you feel!

Guest delta force operators

i know from history experience taking a suplement that alters your hormones such as dhea..or shooting up steriods can give u can

i know how you feel

i had moderate acne in high school, from 18-23 my skin was great,

then the last 2 years it s gotten so out of control,

im 25 and going through this makes me feel like crap, i avoid social situations and im always at home, its amazing how going through something like this can completely change your personality

i know how you feel

i had moderate acne in high school, from 18-23 my skin was great,

then the last 2 years it s gotten so out of control,

im 25 and going through this makes me feel like crap, i avoid social situations and im always at home, its amazing how going through something like this can completely change your personality