Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyMacbeth998

Corycosmetics.com anyone?

I just recieved my samples....its a brand of mineral makeup? Will this break me out? Also, how should I apply it? It's just a bunch of powder in a baggie--is this really foundation? Thanks

I just recieved my samples....its a brand of mineral makeup? Will this break me out? Also, how should I apply it? It's just a bunch of powder in a baggie--is this really foundation? Thanks

I just wub.gif mineral foundation!

You can apply it in many ways-

DRY:

with a large fluffy powder brush (for light coverage)

with a Kabuki brush (for light-medium coverage)

with a foundation or flat top brush (for heavier coverage)

with a flocked sponge (for heavy coverage)

Dip brush in bag or put a pinch in a bowl and then swirl brush in, tap off excess, and tap gently or swirl on face-either way, never buff (like Bare Minerals suggests-this can cause tiny tears in your skin and cause you to break out!).

*Try any of the above methods damp for heavier coverage!

**Try any of the above mentioned methods wet for super heavy coverage-especially with a flocked sponge!

For concealing blemishes, I recommend using one shade lighter than your foundation or a light green concealer shade for red marks AFTER foundation application & apply with a small Taklon (synthetic) brush or an eye shadow applicator, then blending.

The biggest mistake made with applying MMU is using to much -you will know you did this if your make-up looks cakey, powdery, fake, dark, or like a mask. A little goes a long way-you really only need a tinypinch for your entire face, and a dot/grain for a blemish!

I would experiment with it on a day when you have no place to go-take your time, once you get it down pat and know how much you need and how to best apply for your preference, it only takes a minute to apply!! MMU is virtually water-proof, can be slept in, is good for your skin/acne (if it does not contain Bismuth Oxychloride, Talc, Cornstarch, or Parabens), and looks great if applied correctly.

Wow, veggie girl, that is very helpful! Thanks so much!

What do you use to apply? I think I will use  a powder brush.

My acne is on the mild side (thanks to The Regimen!), so I use a large goat hair powder brush to apply -but, I do prefer a natural look.

My acne is on the mild side (thanks to The Regimen!), so I use a large goat hair powder brush to apply  -but, I do prefer a natural look.

That's pretty funny, veggie girl, that you insist on the purest ingredients in your makeup, but you slather bp on your face! I'm not coming down on you, because I understand why you do it if it works for you... it's just ironic. Are you going to make your MMU commercially available, or just for yourself?

That's pretty funny, veggie girl, that you insist on the purest ingredients in your makeup, but you slather bp on your face!  I'm not coming down on you, because I understand why you do it if it works for you... it's just ironic.  Are you going to make your MMU commercially available, or just for yourself?

I hate using BP-but it is the ONLY thing that works for me. doubt.gif Right now I am only using it once every 2-3 nights and using one without parabens (until Dan switches to a better preservative).

My make-up line will be available commercially, I can foresee being done in a month or so, at least to sell on Ebay (still need to work on labeling, website, and foundation). I have been testing my eye shadows-and am very happy with how they turned out. I used higher pigments, little to no mica with some clay for oil absoption, and they last much longer on me-micas tend to slip and crease on my oily lids. If you have any interest, email me your email address and when I am done with the foundation I will gladly contact you to send you free samples to test.