Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shonnymac

Body Acne or folliculitis?

I repeatedly break out in little bumps on my back, chest and upper arms. They are tiny red bumps that usually consist of whiteheads. Are these acne bumps or folliculitis? Any non-prescription remedies that have worked for anyone? Anyone have the same problem. I usually have little to no acne on my face ever, just the little whiteheads on my back and chest areas. Thanks

I have the same problem. I'm a 23 year old female and I've been getting these white bumps on my chest and back since I was like 15. I've really developed a complex about it. I've tried many things to get rid of them. Some days my skin will be perfectly clear and other days, I'll have whiteheads all over. I rarely get acne on my face. I'm currently using ProActiv. I guess it helps but it certainly didn't cure me. I've tried prescription and non-prescription treatments....nothing seems to work all that well. I find tanning to be a temporary solution, but they always come back, sometimes even worse. I've been to a few different dermatologists who all tell me that it's just whiteheads, which is considered a mild form of acne, but because these bumps are so resistant to treatment, I have a hard time believing that what I have is mild. I'm sure this doesn't help you much, but I thought I'd share my problem with you since it seems like we might have the same thing.

How long have you had this problem? Also, I don't mean to sound gross, but are your bumps easily popable, by say....a swipe of a fingernail?

I repeatedly break out in little bumps on my back, chest and upper arms.  They are tiny red bumps that usually consist of whiteheads.  Are these acne bumps or folliculitis?  Any non-prescription remedies that have worked for anyone?  Anyone have the same problem.  I usually have little to no acne on my face ever, just the little whiteheads on my back and chest areas.  Thanks

I too suffer from this. I get both easy poppers and hard ones. they can come in clusters or in spots. I have been dealing with this for about 15 years and hate it . i did find out that my sweet is a major reason they apear. it seem the salt in the sweet burns or irritate my skin cause this reation. a Dr. says i have sensitive skin and gave me creams and antibiotic to help, but it didn't help.

I too am insecure with taking my shirt off. I did find tanning help clear them up or it just dried the up. just for a short time.

dusty

Me too. My doctor gave me a prescription for Triaz (9% Benzoyl peroxide cleanser) I've used it for 2 weeks now. I use one of those back scrubbers to apply it in the shower, let it sit for about a minute & then rinse. So far I noticed all the acne I had is drying up & I don't have any new ones. I've also been taking Doxycicline (oral antibiotic) for 2 weeks but I really think it's the BP that's doing it since I don't use the cleanser on my face & my back is clearing up faster. (I also apply the BP to my arms & anywhere else that may have gotten a zit in my lifetime)

-Crisco