Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ales05

Another Spiro +BCP question..advice please girls!

Hi girls,

I have another question on spiro and BCP pills.

I have been taking spiro for about 4 months now, and im very happy with it...my skin is drier, feels better and i hardly get any spots!!

However.....i kinda need to go on BCP for contraceptive reasons....I called my derm today and she said to go on Yasmin or Dianette....but that i have to stop taking the Spiro. I thought i cd take both (maybe u can't for contraception purposes??) anyway she said to stop taking Sprio.

Have any of you had to do this? Im just scared that if i stop taking the Spiro my spots will come back????!! cry.gif Or maybe the BCP will help and avoid that happening?? Have any of you taken Yasmin or Dianette and which did you prefer??

Please let me know, thanks smile.gif

That is odd directions from your derm... maybe because your spiro dose is low? as i replied before, i took both yasmin and diane but so far definitely prefer Yasmin. Diane is very very potent. Right now i am on yasmin and 100 mg of spiro. not sure why doctor won't let you do both. in fact, it is usually recommended to do both b/c spiro affects your menstrual cycles. If you haven't already, you should check out the spiro thread as well as the other threads about bcp's...

ive heard that yasmin is much better that diannette but maybe consider ortho tri-cyclen/lo? i take the lo version and its a good bcp as well as an acne controller