Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melody83

time between tca treatments

I am doing my third TCA peel now. My first two were TCA/Jessner's peels done by my dermatologist. I don't know what percentage they were. I just did a 15% TCA by myself. It didn't hurt nearly as much as the doctor's office peels, so I applied several layers until it frosted. I think i'm going to get a pretty good peel. It feels good to save so much money by doing it myself. When would it be safe to do this again?

I am doing my third TCA peel now.  My first two were TCA/Jessner's peels done by my dermatologist.  I don't know what percentage they were.  I just did a 15% TCA by myself.  It didn't hurt nearly as much as the doctor's office peels, so I applied several layers until it frosted.  I think i'm going to get a pretty good peel.  It feels good to save so much money by doing it myself.  When would it be safe to do this again?

i'm 21... would back to back peels be a bad idea? It sounds kind of dangerous, but wouldn't it give you a deeper peel than letting new skin grow back? my face is getting pretty smooth, but i just would like to have perfect skin. i had acne from about age 13 to 18 and i'm just sick of skin problems.

I duno peeps, but I just did a peel a week ago to be exact, and I am going to do another one on sunday (my face is completely done peeling) I want to get one last good peel in before summer (cause i have to go to the lake and stuff, and you cant be out in the sun for a while) so we shall see what happens.

how did that turn out? I think i'm about ready to do another one

I duno peeps, but I just did a peel a week ago to be exact, and I am going to do another one on sunday (my face is completely done peeling) I want to get one last good peel in before summer (cause i have to go to the lake and stuff, and you cant be out in the sun for a while) so we shall see what happens.

It varies depending on how quickly you heal, etc. I am in my 30's so I would wait about 3 months.