Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I suppose the title is a bit dramatic but never the less it involves a certain substance.

I'll explain my past situation first.. not too long ago i popped a whitehead and held a cotton ball with pure tea tree oil on it, i held it for around 10 minutes and the outcome of that was that it burnt my skin literally. Fortunetely it turned into a scab and peeled off leaving no scars. Now the point of this thread is that i have some minor defect on the skin (besides acne related) and im thinking if i burn that portion with tea tree oil again?

Maybe it might clear it completely? Or will it scar? Your thoughts?

I suppose the title is a bit dramatic but never the less it involves a certain substance.

I'll explain my past situation first.. not too long ago i popped a whitehead and held a cotton ball with pure tea tree oil on it, i held it for around 10 minutes and the outcome of that was that it burnt my skin literally. Fortunetely it turned into a scab and peeled off leaving no scars. Now the point of this thread is that i have some minor defect on the skin (besides acne related) and im thinking if i burn that portion with tea tree oil again?

Maybe it might clear it completely? Or will it scar? Your thoughts?

OUCh! no keep the tea tree well away. People often underestimate the strenght of tea tree. I think you are lucky you didnt scar the first time, so id leave it and keep away with the tea tree.

Well this minor defect in my skin is really taking its toll on my self esteem, after all its been there for 2 years. I'm literally willing to give it a try if it rids me off this problem.

what is your minor defect, is it like a keloid ao a wart or something? I have something weird on my jawline that showed up after me continuosly picking at a bump I had there, im not sure if it's a scar or a wart, but i bought wart remover anyway, and unless you keep the earea dry at all time nothing is going to work, the sa in the wart remover would dry the skin and make it scab over, but when the scab came off the thing was still there, your supposed to whear a bandaid to keep it from getting moisture (moisture keeps it alive) but im not going to walk around with a bandaid on my jawline. Im not even sure thats what it is, but it has gone down a little bit.

No its not a ward, but more a visible dirty pores i guess is the closest way to describe it...

No its not a ward, but more a visible dirty pores i guess is the closest way to describe it...

you talking blackheads? the best thing I have found for them is sold at makeupartistschoice.com it's a bha serum, but it's more like a mini SA peel, it's liquid and you leave it on between like 5-8 min, it really deep cleans your clogged congested pores (it's the best really)it comes in 3 differnt strengths 3%, 5%, & 8%.

I'm pretty sure its not blackhead either mainly cause i have them on my nose and it differs. What strength did you use and how long till you got rid of your blackheads?