Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read in the last issue of Lucky that "Putting [cleansing] oil on oily skin seems crazy at first, but it works. The oil washes away the sebum that causes breakouts and leaves the rest of your skin soft and moisturized." (p 60/June 2005). They recommend Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil & Decleor Cleansing Oil, both from Nordstrom.

Any ideas or thoughts? Has anyone has success with this type of thing?

Thanks

L

No, they are not..........many people use that, and most of them are satisfied...

the most important thing is to make sure the emulsifier is not comedongenic.......coz some of them are very clogging....... and the oil they use are mostly some wt not so pore clogging, the most clogging one u can find is Olive oil most properly, which is just merely clogging.....

I used to wash my face with just plain cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. I never had a problem with it breaking me out.

I also go back and forth between just plain jojoba for cleansing/makeup removal and the Kukui Grapeseed oil cleanser by Alpha Skincare.

eusa_angel.gif

it's kinda weird that, for some folks, olive oil can break them out like crazy, but for some, it clears them up.........

and so is salt which is satistically highly pore clogging......

I think it depends on the oil. A lot of people use different ones with no problems. jojoba comes to mind. but sometimes substances are called oils when they aren't true oils. one popular facial oil is actually a wax. I can't remember which it is. anyhoo...

I think it depends on the oil. A lot of people use different ones with no problems. jojoba comes to mind. but sometimes substances are called oils when they aren't true oils. one popular facial oil is actually a wax. I can't remember which it is. anyhoo...