Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

here is my regimen.

wash with mild soap

apply alpha hydrox acid enhanced lotion

apply bp gel

apply euricen skin renewal moisturizer spf 15.

here is my problem. i live in southern california, so i get alot of sun. what can i do to lower the irritation it will have on my face?

Here are some things to consider.

a higher spf for the summer months

a hat

shade

That's really about all one can do. I find it impossible to avoid all sun, and besides totally avoiding the sun isn't healthy anyway. Do your best to keep your face protected. For instance, I use the same Eucerin moisturizer as you with spf 15, I find for most days that is enough for me. But, if I am going to be mowing the lawn, which takes in excess of 2 hours, I will put on a wide-brimmed hat also, to be safe. If I am going to be outside watching the kids swim, I try to sit in the shade as much as possible. But, hey, life happens, enjoy the summer, just do your best not to let your delicate facial skin get burned.

You could use AHA only at night, or not at all. AHA increases sun sensitivity.

Otherwise, wearing a hat works, but that can cause irritation, so it's a trade off.

I live in SoCal too, and I have the same problem. Sunscreen burns my face, which is sensitive to begin with.

I find that if I lighten up on the Bp on days I know I'm going to be in the sun, like beach days, the suncreen dosen't sting too much, and I can handle it. Also, I skip the moiturizer on these days, too, that adds to the problem, and the oil-free sunscreen seems to be enough on those days.

That said: I still burn pretty bad. May just be the way it is.