Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In February, I saw a dermatologist and he was more than ready to prescribe Accutane. However, this dermatologist only seemed concerned with getting my co-payment, so I never went back for the prescription. My question is: is there anything I can use that isn't Accutane? I don't believe Accutane would be worth all the side-effect? Is there anyone else in my situation and found something that works?

Accutane is usually prescribed only after EVERYTHING else. If you have severe cystic acne, then I would jump right to accutane too, but if you don't there are many medications you can try first.

Have you tried Antibiotics?

have you tried Differin, Retin-A, or Tazorac?

Have you tried Benzaclin, Duac, Cleocin, any other topical prescrition creams?

However, this dermatologist only seemed concerned with getting my co-payment, so I never went back for the prescription.

well my friend takes accutane and she used to have really really bad acne. now she has perfect skin without any sign of having acne before. she still has to take it though so maybe you should go for it. it definitely worked for my friend! good luck!

Im on accutane 40 mg a day , so far so good. My acne is mild , but my Doctor put me on it cause I started to get bad scars and my acne wouldnt respond to anything .

If you have tried almost everything out there and u still have acne or r scarring u should go for it. Yeah ... Accutane has many side effects , but it is the most effective therapy used to treat acne. smile.gif

Guest delta force operators

i disagree accutane is a serious drug..if you wanna take it and risk the ride effects well its YOUR BODY>>>IF YOU HAVE SCARRING ACNE THEN TAKE IT>>OTHERWISE CHANGE YOUR DIET SUPPLEMENT WIHT NATURAL ANTIBIOTIS

I CAN CURE YOU

go to gnc. ..take enchancea goldenseal..garlic...grapefruit extract...levender..dandelion.....change your diet..ear nothing but fruits and veggies..just drink water...use natural topicas..i had succuess with topical face mask...like egg yokes and enchancea goldenseal mask...topical fresh garlic...thsi is a fight man you better fight it right instead of being a damn fool and risking your health for yrs to come no disrespcedt accutane can change your life for the better..but i rather control the acne first.. then go on accutane so u wont get scarring..i recomend aanthonys programm..tell him i referred you..his name is Anthony..he designed a program that i am haing great success with..and i had cystic acne.......yes its in the alternative natural ways part of the acne.org section..

good luck man..dont hurt [email protected]@@@@@@@