Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
john513

Post-Regimen Skin Complaint

My skin remains dry and flakey, even after excluding BP from my daily hygiene schedule. Before starting the regimen, I never saw my skin shedding and peeling each day; my skin was always so oily that I rarely needed moisturizers.

What have I done wrong?

You need to moisturize man. That's what BP does, it dries your skin, did you read any of Dan's information on this site? Go grab a moisturizer and start using it, and when you (if you) go back to BP after, make sure you start off with only a little until your skin slowly adjusts to it. After about a year or two of using BP your skin pretty much will become completely used to it and you will find it rarely dries out your skin (In concentration of 2.5% that is.)

I began applying moisturizer twice daily when I started the regimen. Should I use moisturizer more often? If that is necessary, I can try.

In the meantime, is there anything I can do to relieve the shedding? Nothing seems to help.

Guest Anubis

Are yo using a moisturizer with AHA in it? This seems to help a lot of people with the flakey skin. Is your face wash gentle? Don't use too hot of water...it will dry you out too. Skin changes over time and from season to season..your skin just may not be the same as it was before.

Eucerin Skin Renewal moisturizer. It's the best on the market.