Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PotentiallyCute

Lots of bumps, no clue what to do about them

Hi there,

I posted on this forum about cysts a while back, and I hardly ever get them anymore, thanks to the help here. However, right now with my regimen, I've started to notice small skin-coloured / slightly red bumps on the side of my upper cheeks and on the sides of my jaw. Some of them have slight whiteheads (you can see the white, but not really ... hard to explain) and some are just bumps, so they stay there. They aren't very apparent, but it seems like there are a lot of them and they keep coming and going.

Right now I am using Dove Sensitive Skin both day and night, Proactive Toner day and night and Dove Essential Nutrients Moisturizer SPF 15 during the day. At night, I use Delna's egg-white mask idea. I used to use BP, but I stopped after the cysts stopped, and because I wanted the red spots to fade faster. I slowly phased the BP out of my system though, but I'm afraid stopping BP altogether may be the reason for these bumps. Is there any gentle medication that can help me, if anyone has been in the same situation?

As a summer job, I'm also doing painting outside, so maybe the increased sun exposure may also the reason? I have no idea, please help!

I have the same thing along my jaw line. Not very noticable to anyone else I'm sure, but they certainly bug me! I recently started Dan's BP regimen and will guess that the BP will keep them at bay. Good luck! smile.gif

Me too, I have these very small skin colour bumps along 1 cheek and 1 side of my chin. I don't know what exactly they are. U know though I would rather these then those ugly and painful cystic like zits. I've applied b/p gel to them but they don't seem to want to disappear. A friend suggested that they are clogged pores. She thinks a facial should help. I'm afraid to go for a facial b.c I'm afraid these small bumps will turn into big nasty zits. At least this way, I can cover them with my makeup

i have these. mine are filled with a clear liquid. i lance them and they scab over and go away after a day or two. they keep popping up all over, though. does anyone know what this is?

I, too, get those small pumps. Slightly white-headish (but only upon close inspection), not very big or raised all over my jawline and tops of cheeks. Thank god it isn't obvious, but it does make the texture of my skin look rougher.

It's REALLY difficult not to scratch or pick at them, it's almost like "Well, it's not a REAL zit, it can't REALLY hurt!"

I just apply BP nightly to the areas and move on.

No, BP won't do anything at all for them.. except keep them from turning into regular pimples. BP kills bacteria.. and those little bumps don't have bacteria in them, they're just clogs of oil and dead skin. SA and GA would be your best bet.

These bumps are a nightmare!

After monitoring them closely i believe that they are the origin of ALL my spots. They start off like these bumps, and eventually, (could take a year or more) they will get infected, blow up, and dissappear.

Anyone know how to avoid them?

I get them too. It seems like a lot of us do. They seem to be the only thing I cannot control with diet, although I do get way less of them with a good diet. So far, the best method I've found is extraction. I had mine extracted in January and at the time, I was taking B5, and that did keep them away. They came back after I quit the B5, but pretty slowly, and I notice more of them if I'm 'cheating' with my diet. I'm going again next week to have them extracted. I figure getting them extracted every 6 mo's isn't so bad. They've only just now gotten to the point that I feel like they need to be REMOVED!

If you do get a facial, don't go to some fancy expensive spa... in my experience, they will just use a bunch of overpriced products that will irritate your face and then not have enough time to do all the extractions. I found an independent medi-esthetician, and I just go to her for extractions only. It's cheaper that way, and that's all I really want done anyway. You can ask a derm if they know of one, or sometimes derms will do the extractions themselves, but I prefer the esthetician; they pamper you, and mine is cheaper than the derms.

Yeah, I'm trying proactiv bp on this (it's the only stuff i have with bp right now) and it doesn't really do any good. It makes them a bit less noticable I guess, but I think bp does more harm than good in the long run.

So I guess SA is the way to go? Anyone got some suggestions for SA products, I hear that Clean and Clear are good products, but I want to be sure before I start using a new product that might make things worse. I hear good things about AHA too, but I'm not sure if I can get it over here in Canada and whether it works for these bumps.

Thanks!

I get small bumps on my forehead and right around my nose and cheek area close to my nose. I have no idea why. They don't hurt, but there are just lots of them. Maybe they are whiteheads?

I have been using Proactiv cleanser and lotion for about 3 months and it has helped me clear up large red pimples, but now I'm left with these really small bumps that the Proactiv is not helping at all with.

I don't use a toner. Could that be the issue?

If anyone has a solution for taking care of lot sof little bumps, please reply!!!

I used to have these. I think it's the problem is not enough exfoliation. I don't reccomend exfoliating with scrubs since they tend to irritate acne. The miricle product that took care of my skin colored bumps and whiteheads is the alpha hydrox enhanced lotion. I quit using it for a while because I thought I'd be fine without it, but the bumps came back. After a week or so 80% of them are gone again. I'm sure after another week they'll all be gone. It works good for fading redmarks and decreasing the size of incoming zits too, I think this will take care of your problem nicely.

HI everyone, i think i have these too, not many but a couple by the side of my mouth which have been there for so long and everyday i wake up thinking "are they going to have turned in to a big spot" and so far its been about a month and they havents its weird.

I would say dont pick them as ive had bad experiences doing this!! Just leave them if they dont look too bad(you can only really c mine when i sort of stretch my skin out to get a better look if u know what i mean??!)

Im going to keep using SA and hope that they go away!

that is how i see mine, when i stretch out my skin. but sometimes they get red and look like mosquito bites, almost. can you use sa if you have rosacea? i know bp is not recommended.

im not sure about that!

What i want to know is will they ever come to a head? they look like they have stuff in them or will they just be there 4 eve??!!

I use SA so they should in theory be going, but hey no suprises that they arent!

i had these, the exact same things which you all speak of. forehead, down the sides and jawline. the only thing to get rid of them was accutane.

This clearly indicates its a problem with over production of oil and poor natural shedding of the skin. They seem to accompany most acne conditions.

short of accutane i dont know what to say. I tried an SA scrub and normal SA deep cleanser before the tane to no success.

I havnt been able to get the alpha hydrox stuff, but that would be my next suggestion.