Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyMacbeth998

I need your advice FAST!

My skin is normally oily, but with all the medicated creams I'm using, my skin is now VERY dry--dry enough to the point that makeup looks like crap because it just looks flakey. I've tried Eucerin Skin Renewal, Neutrogena, Oil of Olay, CLinique Dramatically Different moisturizer and this expensive Estee Lauder Hydra Moisture crap. The Estee Lauder one helps a bit, but not enough. What can I do for moisture? Any kind of oil is out of the question b.c it will make me break out. Thanks!

I would suggest you consider exfoliating, and for a moisturizer (with or without makeup) jojoba oil. Apparently this stuff works wonders and doesn't cause any breakouts.

And of course, try to avoid drying products, take a little break from them. Your skin will thank you. (o:

I second that suggestion. Definitely exfoliate - try baking soda mixed with your cleanser once a day.

Sometimes I get the same, incredibly dry, and my make-up just will not apply properly and will look like shit - luckly I have a powder foundation which works quite well with flakey skin, but it breaks me out - so I only use it when I have to. I found that if your skin starts to go flakey and dry, there really is nothing you can do about it, apart from slather on moisturiser and I have found that it goes in about a week.