Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

another question- sorry! i wear contacts and have done for a while but recently ive found that my eyes have been getting itchy and irritated while im wearing them. i read somewhere that some acne treatments have this effect so could this be it or do i just need new contacts?! eusa_think.gif

hmm i thought u would be on accutane.. run out to the pharmacy and grab refresh liquigel or refresh tears..they can be used on contacts.. they solved my severe dry eyes

I don't think it's your meds. Probably allergies or something else. Get some liquid tears and you will probably be fine. If it persists, see an eye doctor.

has anyone tried eye ointment? it's like grease for your eyes. i think i might try it. im on tane and have to use drops (artificial tears) 4 times a day. at night my eyes get really dry, even if i use drops right before going to bed. confused.gif

~Amy

What kind of contacts do you use? I have pretty dry eyes left over from a previous course of Accutane, and i can wear Acuvue2 disposables pretty easily (they are the wear 1 week, take out and clean, wear another week and dispose variety, but i usually take them out every night anyway). However after about 2 weeks of wear when the protein builds up on them they start to feel "sticky" and make my eyes tired. That's when i know it's time for a new pair. I might try the Acuvue Advance next since they are supposed to provide more wetting, but you can't sleep in them.

Guest Craigems

get any eyedrops that moisturise!