Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WCanyon

help with dry scabbies on back

I have these really dry patches of scabby skin on my back from a couple of pimples a few months ago (one was much longer). Very low on my back, about 2 inches above my pants. They are really similar to these patches of dry tough skin that I get on my scalp; they get tough, dry, sorta like a scab but they never heal like that.

From looking at other posts it looks like emu oil may help but I've tried many things and they don't seem to help (Neosporin, moisturizer, cortisone cream, all sort of "sealed" over the bump with a bandage). Does anyone have a solid recommendation for a treatment for these things?

Ugh, I'm thinking that this has something to do with aging... maybe this is going to get worse the older I get (34 now).

I have these really dry patches of scabby skin on my back from a couple of pimples a few months ago (one was much longer). Very low on my back, about 2 inches above my pants. They are really similar to these patches of dry tough skin that I get on my scalp; they get tough, dry, sorta like a scab but they never heal like that.

From looking at other posts it looks like emu oil may help but I've tried many things and they don't seem to help (Neosporin, moisturizer, cortisone cream, all sort of "sealed" over the bump with a bandage). Does anyone have a solid recommendation for a treatment for these things?

Ugh, I'm thinking that this has something to do with aging... maybe this is going to get worse the older I get (34 now).