Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Madworld

Few Guidelines for acne sufferers

update: mistranslation - Oat Flour = Oat Meal

On this weekends edition of Tsingtao (One of the most successful chinese newspaper worldwide) There is a section about controlling acne. I think it's worth putting it up here and incase of anyone looking for some alternative approach. I believe many key points in the article are already widely known but I'll include them as well.

The reason why I'm posting in the red marks section is because they suggested a type of mask which is suppose to be very effective on redmark and active acne. My sister said this mask is quite widely done in beauty shops in HK.

Key points the article point out to minimise acne breakout:

1. Do not develop the habit of feeling/touching your face.

2. Duvet, Pillowcase and towel should be kept as hygienic as possible (IE regular washing, or expose to sun)

3. Avoiding too much sugar intake (Some people are skeptical about this, but It applies to me.) Also avoid eating too much peanuts and nuts? if possible (I love nuts! What's in nuts that makes me break out?)

4. Moderate excercises can help the body and skin (well duh)

5. Avoid junk food and late night snacks (apparently it can cause digestive problems)

6. Eat more of natural foods such as vegetable, fruit and yogurt (I break out with dairy products so...)

7. Keep yourself happy (It's easy to say...)

8. Have a sleeping schedule and stick with it. (Impossible!)

9. Clean the skin properly with oil control products. Morning and Night twice a day will do, do not overwash as it can wipe away the protective oil layer (sebum??) Use warm water and do not alternate from hot to cold. Always moisturize and well protected against the sun.

10. (For those who wears makeups) Use Foundations with sunscreen, always remove any makeups before you sleep.

Another tip from a different newspaper:

Always drink a cup of water the first thing you wakeup to reactivate your digestive system. For best effect add few drops of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.

The Pure Honey/Organic Oat Meal mask (Not cheap!)

This mask is supposedly quite popular in the beauty industry in Hong Kong. The pure honey can help reduce inflammations and aid the skins healing ability. The oat meal can absorb oils, giving you an oil-balanced skin.

For those who cannot afford the outrageous cost of most commercial masks but also break out from egg-white+lemon mask.

Prepare 2 teaspoon of pure honey and 3 teaspoon of Organic oat flour, mix them well in a container to form a thick paste. Apply it to cleaned skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes, then wash off with warm water (You dont want ants to hogg you at night)

Honey here in the UK is not cheap, but I may try this after I finish with the ridiculously expensive acne mask I purchased. (YES I'M A BOY/MAN/MALE)

N.B

Translations maybe poor as I'm rubbish at both English and Chinese

-Jake

the honey + oatmeal mask is quite common, and i must say it is good (tried it last sunday evening). the only problem is its quite heavy since its a thick paste.

i read that you can also just use plain honey as a mask, but its quite difficult to wash it off since its sticky.

the honey + oatmeal mask is quite common, and i must say it is good (tried it last sunday evening). the only problem is its quite heavy since its a thick paste.

i read that you can also just use plain honey as a mask, but its quite difficult to wash it off since its sticky.

I don't know to be honest. I'll have a go at it this week and I'll report back the results I have. It's better if you google around for some information.

Current regiment:

Neutrogena clean pore treatment

Nivea for men cleanser and moisturizer

My pic taken today (A prove to show that a camera phone just wont cut it, even when it's a 1.3megapixel):

user posted image

Quite bad to be frank, when I break out it tends to be on one single area.

The acne mask i bought didnt work, Egg white makes me break-out bad time so I'm resorting to alternative treatments.