Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mike Hawk

100 mg daily Mino Results!

EDIT: I added in new pics, plus the latest one, which was taken today. It is the last one. I also modified my regimen a tad bit. Clear at last! Hurray! biggrin.gif

Hey....

I've been on mino for 10 weeks now. My regimen consists of:

Morning:

- Shower

- Cleanse face with cleanser

- Klaron lotion, remove after 2 minutes.

Night:

- Shower

- St. Ive's Scrub (the one in the orange container), while in shower.

- Cleanse face with cleanser

- Retin-A Micro.

- 100 mg of Minocycline with dinner.

I just finished my minocycline treatment, and it lasted for 10 weeks. Here are my results! biggrin.gif

10 weeks before Minocycline and Retin-A:

user posted image

5 weeks before Minocycline and Retin-A (and after facial):

user posted image

Day 1 of Minocycline and Retin-A:

user posted image

After 10 weeks of Minocycline and Retin-A:

user posted image

Hurray! Clear at last!

Guest TylerD

Holy hell man your like totally clear those arent even that bad of scars at all you look good man. Keep it up thast awesome i cant belive how that works so good for some ppl and licks complete balls for others weird how that works isnt it.

hey... thanks for the feedback. i know that my scars arent bad at all... its just that i really want to wear my hair back again and im still not that confident, even with clear skin. luckily for me, mino has worked wonders. im desperately trying to see if my derm will let me continue the course since i don't want to have the acne i had before. cheers!

Wow, your skin looks awesome! You have super mild acne! Maybe I should get on that stuff... wink.gif ... I just started up Doxy again. I've been breaking out a lot more lately since I started Differin (initial breakout... maybe??) anyways, I still have mild acne, haven't had a single huge pimple in a while. I've never had cystic acne or whatever. Always mild but really persistentacne! eusa_wall.gif

Anyways, your results look great!! Congraaats!

P.S. Isn't it a little late for Mothers' Day? razz.gif

Hey... hah. My response is right below my sig.

I haven't heard about Doxy or Differin... are they antibiotics? I used to have really persistent acne too, and mino has really helped out. I also gotta thank the Retin-A and Klaron... I don't think that minocyclin alone could've helped me this much.

hey... thanks for the reply. retin-a didn't give me much of a breakout. however, my skin was really irritated at first... it felt like my forehead was on fire. however, you skin gets used to it.

klaron is a lotion i use at mornings.... im really not sure what it does. i think its a healing moisturizer of some sort... thats what it does. its really watery and it smells a bit bad but it makes your skin feel nice and cool. schools almost over for me... im glad since my friends always throw these massive parties... ill be clear by then biggrin.gif

Yeah, you have mild acne so that's probably why you didn't break out at all starting Retin-A. I have mild acne but not as mild as yours.

What was with the angel face? Your far from angelic. I'm angelic. Pleeease. eusa_angel.gif

I'm gonna MISSall the "massive" ( biggrin.gif ) parties... mad.gif ... I'm going to India for like 2 months when school gets out. Haaa... it's gonna be ridiculous!!

Anyways, talk to you later! wink.gif

P.S. Klaron soothing and healing?? My derm. said that it's really drying, I think. Maybe I'll give it a shot? I think it has sulfer and clindamycin in it or something... I know it has sulfur...

Retin-A... uh, maybe I'll switch to that if Differin ever works for me. I'm not breaking out like crazy or anything but... it's still at that "initial breakout" period. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, you have mild acne so that's probably why you didn't break out at all starting Retin-A.  I have mild acne but not as mild as yours.

What was with the angel face?  Your far from angelic.  I'm angelic.  Pleeeaseeusa_angel.gif

I'm gonna MISSall the "massive" ( biggrin.gif ) parties...  mad.gif ... I'm going to India for like 2 months when school gets out.  Haaa... it's gonna be ridiculous!!

Anyways, talk to you later!  wink.gif

P.S. Klaron soothing and healing??  My derm. said that it's really drying, I think.  Maybe I'll give it a shot?  I think it has sulfer and clindamycin in it or something... I know it has sulfur...

Retin-A... uh, maybe I'll switch to that if Differin ever works for me.  I'm not breaking out like crazy or anything but... it's still at that "initial breakout" period.  rolleyes.gif

hey there angel... hah! eusa_angel.gif

what are you going to do in india? while you're there... learn to belly dance! thats hawt.

im going to maine this summer... going of camping. loads of fun. i really doubt that klaron is irritating... its cooling more than anything. ill let you know if anything new comes up. cheers! biggrin.gif

oooh.... thats nice.

how's my angel been behaving?eusa_angel.gif im not american either. maine is pretty far from where i live. still, the trips totally worth it. camp also lasts for two months... mid june to mid august. hope things go well in india. biggrin.gif

WHAT!?  Your not American!?  shock.gif

I'm just kidding, that's ok... I guessss.... razz.gif  wink.gif

Where do you live then??  Or what nationality are you or whatever...?

What camp is it in Maine??

BTW, your skin looks awesome... you totally cleared up!!  eusa_dance.gif

I'm getting that Klaron stuff too....  cool.gif

I'm using Differin (similar to Retin-A just gentler).

Maybe I'll get 100% clear, like I practically was a couple of weeks ago....  rolleyes.gif

Later gatooorr.

hey... thanks for the feedback. i know that my scars arent bad at all... its just that i really want to wear my hair back again and im still not that confident, even with clear skin. luckily for me, mino has worked wonders. im desperately trying to see if my derm will let me continue the course since i don't want to have the acne i had before. cheers!

I'm from Venezuela... down in South America. I've gone to an American school my whole life, so you can't tell I'm from down here since I have no accent. Its pretty nice since I now know 3 fluent languages: spanish, english, and french. yup! im a latin lover  wub.gif

the camp im going to is called indian acres. awesome stuff.  hope things go well with your regimen and stuff... keep me updated.

i like it too biggrin.gif

So your... Venezuelan??

You totally don't look like it though... I thought you were white.    shock.gif

Don't rub it in, geez... I'm fluent in... 1 language???

Spanish, I'm pretty damn good at though....  cool.gif  biggrin.gif

If you have "scars" they are mild. The confidence problem is probably from an over all inconfidence in yourself, so focus more upon having a general, higher self-esteem.

I cannot see how that mild of acne could even cause scars other than pigmentation problems.

Uh, I knew that.  eusa_whistle.gif

Mino worked really well for you!

One of my friends is taking that and it doesn't really work for her (I think she breaks out the most on her forehead... she might have milia or something....).

I'm taking Doxy and Nature's Cure pills.  I think I'm gonna start taking Grape Seed Extract pills too (somebody just posted about that totally clearing them up from their moderate acne...).

how bad is your acne? from what it sounds... it isn't that much worse as mine as it was. im really not a fan of a huge regimen with lots of creams and lots of pills. i like to keep it simple because acne is already playing a big enough role in my life. it already takes me exactly half an hour to take a shower, do my regimen, and get dressed each morning. people who dont have acne get half an hour more sleep than i do.  sad.gif

Uh, I'm a girl...  so it takes me awhile to get ready either way.  biggrin.gif

Yeah, my acne is back to really mild now (for awhile there I was getting really annoying small whiteheads near my nose on the cheeks...).

I've started eating a lot of raisins (they're supposed to help with acne... weird, but I think they really help)!  eusa_shhh.gif

Yeah, my regimen is pretty simple now though....

Purpose Gentle Cleanser in the AM, Doxycycline pill 2x/day, Nature's Cure pill 2x/day, Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser in the PM, Differin and I'm done.

I might take Doxycycline pills every other day though... I completely forgot it yesterday and my skin looks really good today!  eusa_dance.gif

hey~! glad things are getting better.

I used the Purpose Cleanser by J&J before my current regimen... its so gentle wub.gif ! Do you use the soap bar version or the liquid? I also used the same brand of moisturizer along with Benzaclin BP... didn't do much good.

What, are you in looove with J&J Purpose Cleanser!?  ninja.gif    wink.gif

I use the liquid version.  Did you use the bar version?  It has better reviews than the liquid one....

Yeah, I read bad reviews on the moisturizer so whenever I need "moisture" I use Eucerin Renewal.

So what are you up to lately?

Are you still on Mino?

Lator gatorrolleyes.gif