Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Everyone!!

I just bought a bar called The Soap Works at the health store they have a variety of Soaps all natural and CHEAP.

Was wondering if anyone had any experience using this soap?

I got the Emu Oil kind since it said it's effective on Acne Prone Skin

They also had the Tea Tree Soap and couple of others?

Please post and let me know your results

Thanks

Also this soap only costs about CDN $1.49

I use the Carbolic one, the colour is a bittersweet, more red I guess....It stinks but amazing stuff.

It could actually be the reason why my skin has cleared so much. I read some reviews on it and apparently there are other ppl who have gotten clear from using it. I also bought the Oatmeal and chamomile. In the end, I'll probably go back to the carbolic in the future.

Cheap stuff and great to have around the house.

okay thanks for the info!!

Do you think I should replace the Burt's Bees Tomato soap when it's finished to this one?

Carbolic soap? I'll check that out the next time I go and the 2 others should i get them as well? they are for acne prone skin right?

If they work as well then i'll use those the Burt's Bees Tomato has been helping a bit but it's bringing up pimples and muck to my face like crazy it is nice and all to bring it up and it does fade away in a couple of days with the use og QH Masque but it's just annoying

Thanks for the info yea the soap bars are pretty CHEAP so i don't mind substituting them for the BB Tomato

okay thanks for the info!!

Do you think I should replace the Burt's Bees Tomato soap when it's finished to this one?

Carbolic soap? I'll check that out the next time I go and the 2 others should i get them as well? they are for acne prone skin right?

If they work as well then i'll use those the Burt's Bees Tomato has been helping a bit but it's bringing up pimples and muck to my face like crazy it is nice and all to bring it up and it does fade away in a couple of days with the use og QH Masque but it's just annoying

Thanks for the info yea the soap bars are pretty CHEAP so i don't mind substituting them for the BB Tomato

Hi again!

Just wanted to say that I looked at the first link you provided, and I was surprised that the products were Canadian! Wow, they are definitely inexpensive and quite interesting - wide selection. As I am currently doing much research in hopes of eventually creating a product, oat is definitely one of the ingredients at the top of my list.

The one hesitation I have with them however is I'm not sure what exactly their make-up is. The main ingredients and use of each soap are mentioned, but I wonder what else is included in the production of the soaps.

Thanks so much for offering people a chance to explore a new line of products that could hopefully help some people here.

Li B.

Just an update!!

I just bought the Oatmeal Bar soap since it sounded good that it washes off Dead skin and soothes it and i also bought the Carbolic Soap for Acne as it says

Well i shall try it out and see how it goes!!

BB Tomato soap seems to be working a bit but every other 3 days i've been getting more and more breakouts or more visible pimples i just liked it cuz it gives the face a smooth feeling and smooth look...

I'm Surprized their was actually someone interested in this skin care line!!

Well all they have are the Soaps nothing else but it's all NATURAL and CHEAP~!!

I got mine for $1.29 each which is really cheap

Hope this works for you will give an update and let you know the news

Keep me posted if anything!!

They had over 15 soaps to choose from also it has no SLS i'm thinking of getting their Shampoo and Conditioner Soap as well...

Iceboi, did you go back to Ambrosia, or is there another store that sells this stuff? I'm considering going and buying a whole bunch of different ones just to at least try them out. They all do something different for the skin, and i'm really enticed to try 'em all.

So, I have the carbolic, oatmeal, and chamomile. The others I'm really intersested in trying are:

1. Bee Pollen

2. Creamy Clay

3. Blue Glass Glycerin (lavender)

4. EMU oil

5. Sea Kelp

all in which would help me with my multiple skin problems. I'm so excited to buy them!!

I see you have the EMU bar....can u plz give me the pros and cons of it. Like how well it lathers, and how it washes off the skin. Does it leave a residue? How does your askin feel afterwards? dry, oily, normal, soft?? I would really appreciate the info b4 I go and get it.

Hi Again!!

Actually they just don't sell the Soap work bars at Ambrosia only they sell it at almost every other Health Store!!

I get mine at the Bulk Barn so i think they sell it at most Bulk barn Stores as well!!

They cost Cheaper $1.29 and there's a very huge variety i think more than the Ambrosia Store

I'm just using the Emu Oil bar as a Shampoo since it's natural and contains no SLS.. So far it lathering great and i think it's great for the face as well but i'm already using 2 soaps for my face the Carbolic and the Oatmeal together in conjunction using the Oatmeal first to swipe off the dead skin cells and leaves my face fresh and then lather on the Carbolic one (It does really smell) but i think it's as effective as Burt's Bees tomatoe since it give the same refreshing feeling!!

Yes I'm very interested in their many other soaps just toooo many to choose from and also it's CHEAP as well Hopefully it makes a slight difference to my complexion!!

I'm thinking of getting the:

Bee Pollen

Sea Kelp(Heard this helps with Acne as well and some other brand currently sells this bar of soap for about $16 or so...)

Well I'll keep you updated it's been only 2 days i've been using it !!

Will keep this thread uodated weekly!!

Thanks

So far its working well!!

The oatmeal bar has helped my dead skin cells being removed and refreshes my face. The Carbolic soap has freshen my face a bit but i haven't seen any reduction to acne or breakouts... I've added the Burt's Bees Tomato soap again since it was working good and its ALL NATURAL!! and also i wanted to use it all up before i just use the soap works only!!

I'm soooo curious of the ingredients of the Soap Work Soap bars there's no list of it anywhere they just say what it does anyone know the ingredient list?

I saw that Colgate has made a bar of soap called Carbolic Soap as well and Sodium Tallowate was the main ingredient does this help in fighting Acne?

Well im still gonna be using this because it seems to be easy to use and its cheap too so hopefully it works!!