Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cindy

Girl taners HELP!!!!

Hey everyone!!!

I was just wondering what would be safe to use to remove the little bit of facial hair I get above my lip. Normally I use nair facial depilatory cream, which works great on me, but was kind of irritating for me before the tane. I fear that it will be even worse now. Also, I want to REMOVE the hair, not bleach it. Waxing is off limits, so none of that. Any suggestions???? Should I just stick with what I have been using, but be extra gentle? I"M SCARED of burning myself or peeling off my skin or something. Any help would be mucho appreciated.

i just stick to teezers, it's kind of time consuming but at least i dont have to worry about my skin coming off. and there are mini epilators (device that pulls out hair).

~Amy

Oh my god - don't wax. I learned my lesson. Thank God I did not scar. Unfortunately, tweezers it is for eyebrows. I made sure I did my waxing before I got on 'tane, but 4 and a half months later, it's about that time. You're not supposed to use anything up to 6 months after you stop treatment. You shouldn't use what you're using either because it still exposes you to irritation and ultimately, scarring.

There is a safe technique called threading for eyebrows, but unfortunately, it's not easy to find someone to do it. There's also a wax alternative called "sugaring." It removes all kinds of hair, including facial hair with no burning or irritation (I don't understand why it's not popular - I love it.) I have found it at Aveda salons, but do not know if it could be done while on 'tane. If I find out, I'll let you know.

You should definitely try threading... Indian women use it for all kinds of facial hair and the results are great. It's just a special way of plucking the hair, so it's safe to do while on Tane. It's cheap and very accessible where I live, but I guess it would depend on your particular city. All Indian or Persian salons would offer this service.... look into it!

Mae

Hey Cindy;

Have you asked someone at a salon? Maybe call and talk to someone that removes facial hair. I am sure that they would have an answer of what to do. I was in just the other day to have my eyebrows shaped and the first thing the lady did before she waxed them was ask me if I was on Retin A. That was awsome to hear. Just contact a reputable salon and state your question. They are usually happy to educate us with their knowledge.

Ro