Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LawBoy

Info on Needling, Bio-Alcamid, and Silicone

I had needling performed on my scars this past week done by Frank at transitions. I will update this post in a couple weeks to let you know on the results. He did not use the gun but the hand tools for the process.

I also had a consult with Soren White, the only US doctor to administer Bio-Alcamid. He does NOTuse it for acne scars and says it wouldn't look right if one did b/c of how deep it is injected. Instead, he uses silicone for this and says he has had great success and NOproblems with the silicone.

Both Frank and White were very informative and extremely helpful. I would recommend both individuals for anyone to go see if you are in the NYC area.

Guest delta force operators

hey jenya i keep on seeing you mention about this ..i never ran into anyone who has had this done..do you know anyone..are they happy with results..and 8,000 aint alot when it comes to acne scars..

Ryan,

Ive consulted with Coleman, and yes I have read about his authentic skills, but he isn't doing the entire face a scar seems like a simple procedure in comparison. He has a new partner a women, Dr. Saboeiro.

She charges about half his fee (just for now I think). I have spoken to a women who had her acne scars fixed by Saboeiro, and she couldn't be happier.

I do trust Lipostructure, as he has the best record of fat being permanent, but I will probably have it done with Saboeiro.

Have you consulted with him? He quoted me $3,000 himself doing the procedure.

And no amount of money is worth the risk silicone can have down the line.

PS many are also happy with Coleman's aesthetic, otherwise how do you explain for his famous practice and the outrageous prices, people just keep coming.

hey jenya i keep on seeing you mention about this ..i never ran into anyone who has had this done..do you know anyone..are they happy with results..and 8,000 aint alot when it comes to acne scars..

Guest delta force operators

jenya i remember you were getting saline injectiosn...will the saline injection intefere with the lipostructure

haha yeah I keep mentioning it because people are dismissing the thought of a fat filler as they associate it with permanent Fillers. It used to be so, however the techniques have changed and many people don't know about it. I really think they need to know all the options before jumping into artificial filers.

Yes, I agree, in all honesty I would spend 50,000 is it meant not worrying about scars for the rest of my life. Actually I am meeting with a women who had this done 6 month ago, by him.

Oh yeah meetpete had fat filler done, he was very happy about it.

jenya i remember you were getting saline injectiosn...will the saline injection intefere with the lipostructure

Ryan,

If you did a little more research you would know that many many doctors are now performing the Coleman technique. He lectures about it all the time.

The unsatisfied person had the entire face grafted, correct? I understand they might not like the way their cheeks or eyes look, but why would acne scared person not be satisfied when their dents are filled in? And what makes you think you cant inject fat with steroid or cut it out?

Anyhow I am not advocating against Silicone either, I just feel people should explore all their options, and the complications that one can expect from Silicone wouldn't happen from fg.

Ryan: can you explain your experience with skin needling? I was thinking of going to transitions. It's a little bit upstate correct? I have many indents, they are very shallow, and i was thinking of doing the needling becuase i hear that it can't go wrong.

Also do you have to use valeline? I think that would break me out.. I would like to use aloe vera gel. Your input would be appreciated.

Ryan: can you explain your experience with skin needling? I was thinking of going to transitions. It's a little bit upstate correct? I have many indents, they are very shallow, and i was thinking of doing the needling becuase i hear that it can't go wrong.

Also do you have to use valeline? I think that would break me out.. I would like to use aloe vera gel.  Your input would be appreciated.

Hey all. Since the current topic on this thread is needling, I guess I should tell you that tonight I scheduled a needling appt. for June 18th with Lilian from Va. I live in the Pa area (Philly 'burbs) and my mother is still undecided about whether or not she is willing to drive to VA with me. I highly doubt I will drive there alone, so... We're going to try to work something out. We may convince my step-father to drive us or take a train. I hope I will not have to cancel.

I am very excited about this procedure not just because of the good things I've heard about it, but because I am finally taking an active approach towards my scars. I've only tried TCA cross by myself a few times (with some improvement). I was eager to get dermabrasion by Dr. Y but decided to hold off. I have a hardcore case of anxiety so any step in any aspect of my life is a big deal. Ha ha. I will definitely report my results if I get the needling done.

My skin?

My scarring is not severe but is definitely noticable. I have a mixture of scars. My right cheek has a few very shallow scars, with 2 or 3 smallllll ice picks that were helped by TCA cross. My left check. ICK. A bunch of shallow scars, 3 or 4 rolling scars, a few boxcars and this stupid hypertrophic bad boy that I got in January. Im especially sad about this because I did not think I was prone to this type of scarring. However, the hypertrophic scar is not that noticable. It is not big, but in certain lighting you can see the raised bump. It is actually quite flat compared to the round, larger ones I've seen, but nonetheless annoying. The texture is different from the rest of my skin and when you touch it, it's sooo hard. It's red too. Boo. I've been using Curad pads for a month now and my improvement is much like others- slightly improved the first few hours after I take it off, but always goes back to its original state.

Needling interested me because it is not that risky (if performed by the right person) and I read that It will especially help rolling scars and can also help boxcars and hypertrophic ones. I've got the super cop readdddy. Sorry for the novel.

Good luck, my friends.

***I just wanted to edit this because I had to cancel my appt. with Lilian sad.gif Transportation problems. I'm still searching for folks who do needling closer to my area.***

Ryan you seem a bit uninformed. No offense. If Frank explained everything to you as he should have, you have to wait for 3 FULL MONTHS to see if the needling worked or not. I'm not sure why you don't know that information.

Collagen doesn't start showing up until 6-8 weeks to be honest. I've had needling done 3 times and will probably go for my last one this summer. The last one I had done 3 months ago yielded fantastic results. I saw my greatest "collagen boost" the last 8-13 weeks, which is totally normal.

I wish people would be patient....it's not right to misinform people about this procedure (no offense to anyone). Also, people tend to get the best results when a tattoo gun is used, not a hand tool, although you do get some results with a hand tool.

I just wanted to set the record straight.....you usually don't see much of anything the first 6 weeks although some people (including myself) see good results right away.

Also, if you have had invasive procedures done like CO2 and dermabrasian, you probably won't have very good results.

Ryan you seem a bit uninformed.  No offense.  If Frank explained everything to you as he should have, you have to wait for 3 FULL MONTHS to see if the needling worked or not.  I'm not sure why you don't know that information. 

Collagen doesn't start showing up until 6-8 weeks to be honest.  I've had needling done 3 times and will probably go for my last one this summer.  The last one I had done 3 months ago yielded fantastic results.  I saw my greatest "collagen boost" the last 8-13 weeks, which is totally normal.

I wish people would be patient....it's not right to misinform people about this procedure (no offense to anyone).  Also, people tend to get the best results when a tattoo gun is used, not a hand tool, although you do get some results with a hand tool.

I just wanted to set the record straight.....you usually don't see much of anything the first 6 weeks although some people (including myself) see good results right away.

Also, if you have had invasive procedures done like CO2 and dermabrasian, you probably won't have very good results.

Ryan that is precisely what Frank should have explained to you. The needling thread has all that information, plus links throughout the long needling thread to Dr. Des Fernandes' site.

It's unfathomable really that you got this done and don't seem to know this information. It really is common knowledge....(no offense to you).

Hi Denise. I absolutely agree that people tend to be impatient when it comes to scar treatment and that a full 3-6 months (sometimes even up to a year)is required to pass final judgment on a procedure's efficacity. I think that impatience is obly exacerbated by the deceptively immediate improvement that swelling and even residual swelling (several weeks) simulates, so when it begins to recede people pronounce their results "temporary" when in reality the real improvement is often yet to be seen.

I do disagree, though, that needling and other less invasive procedures have less effect on skin that has already gone through more invasive procedures. I have had both CO2 and dermabrasion on scars that responded very well to later needling (with a tatoo gun). Maybe I'm the exception, but I haven't read any evidence of such reduction in effect post-"big guns", nor does it make sense to me intuitively. I do respect your opinions though, and am curious as to why you think this is true...?

--leo

Hi Leopolda, it's good to see you! smile.gif I'm so glad that needling yielded good results for you....you and Tamara are the only ones I've seen have good results with needling though you both already had CO2 done.

I'm glad though! Lilian told me that when she tried to do needling on a lady who had previously had dermabrasian, the skin just bled and bled; ultra sensitive.

But I'm glad that it worked for you. That's excellent. Personally, I believe that the tattoo gun yields great results. eusa_dance.gif