Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
natalia321

My Boyfriend has *perfect* skin and I DONT

So I've had this guy friend for a long time, and just recently we found out we both have like eachother for a long time. So last week he officially became my boyfriend smile.gif

Anyways, I was on Accutane, and then I had to stop because I got a really bad side effect. But the Accutane worked fabulously for my skin, even though I was only on it for, basically, 2 months.

It was so embarrassing because one of the first things he said to me was, "Wow, your skin looks really good now!" which isn't really embarrassing, it's supposed to be a compliment, but you know, you wear makeup allt he time so you can trick people into thinking you never had any skin problems! Doesn't work though I guess! But also, when it's coming from someone who has *perfect* skin, I'm just like, what the hell are you talking about?! Look at your skin!!!

So yeah, all of the sudden on Thursday my face reverts back to pre-Accutane. It's really oily, and now I have a cyst on my chin. It came just in time for Friday and we went out and I swear to god, I must've caught him staring at it 10 times....

I don't know what to do. I feel like all my acne is going to come back now because I stopped the Accutane and I'm going to be broken out for prom and graduation and everything...

But I'm curious if some of you have boyfriends/girlfriends that have *flawless* skin and how you cope...because I seriously need help coping. confused.gif

Guest Amy Lee

My ex has a very clear skin, she gets the occasional one or two pimples but never severe, I felt awkward being with her sometimes because alot liked her, then when they see me out with her, it's like "what attracts you to this guy? he has acne!" that sort of feeling... I don't know. Nat, alot of people have acne, I don't think you're any different..... but then my advice has to be, if your bf is true to you, your acne won't matter since your relationship is above everything.

Cheers pal.

Guest delta force operators

what are these people secrets!!!!!!!! i need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what does ur bf do what does ur gf doooooo

Guest Amy Lee
for clear skin you mean?

well i had to take a shower at his house bc i was all gross from the beach and this is all that i found inside his shower: a bar of soap and one bottle of shampoo/conditioner...that lucky bastard...my bathroom multiplies that by 20!!!

my gf has perfect skin too...when i first met her my face was horrible. i know she doesnt mind my acne and shes always really supportive about it so i have no problem "coping" with the fact that shes perfect and im not.

polar419...by the way...donnie darko is the best movie EVER!

I havn't had a girlfriend since I got acne, it made me too shy and introvert I guess , so I don't know about coping.

but.....

Girl you are fiiiine!

If this guy thinks any less of you because of a spot or two (which I'm sure he doesn't) then he needs to get his head checked, nuff said.

lol M1DN1GHT R3515TANC3! thnx for the compliment, but I think anyone who has acne feels bad about themself, or maybe thats just me.

I don't know if he thinks less of me, but when he's already made a point to say my skin looks good now, means he's seen it when it was worse, and I don't know, I just feel so unappealing when I'm looking at someone who has the same skin as a freaking 2 yr old and I have a big old pimple pn my chin and I use one of those oil blotting sheets every 30 minutes!

As I am, lol, I know! I thought it was so interesting.

Nah, its not just you acne makes most people feel bad, especially at times when you really need to look your best.

Are you off the tane permanently now or are you just laying off it for a while until the side effects go away?

Nah, its not just you acne makes most people feel bad, especially at times when you really need to look your best.

Are you off the tane permanently now or are you just laying off it for a while until the side effects go away?

hey polar...

i havent had a serious girlfriend yet, so i really can't help you out. I am pretty much clear right now, and im hoping that this stays the same so that I can start asking people out! biggrin.gif

I don't know what to do. I feel like all my acne is going to come back now because I stopped the Accutane and I'm going to be broken out for prom and graduation and everything...

Seriously Polar, you're waaaay too beautiful for acne to matter on you.When you're that hott people just don't give a shit about little imperfections.

for clear skin you mean?

well i had to take a shower at his house bc i was all gross from the beach and this is all that i found inside his shower: a bar of soap and one bottle of shampoo/conditioner...that lucky bastard...my bathroom multiplies that by 20!!!

So I've had this guy friend for a long time, and just recently we found out we both have like eachother for a long time. So last week he officially became my boyfriend  smile.gif

Anyways, I was on Accutane, and then I had to stop because I got a really bad side effect. But the Accutane worked fabulously for my skin, even though I was only on it for, basically, 2 months.

It was so embarrassing because one of the first things he said to me was, "Wow, your skin looks really good now!" which isn't really embarrassing, it's supposed to be a compliment, but you know, you wear makeup allt he time so you can trick people into thinking you never had any skin problems! Doesn't work though I guess! But also, when it's coming from someone who has *perfect* skin, I'm just like, what the hell are you talking about?! Look at your skin!!!

So yeah, all of the sudden on Thursday my face reverts back to pre-Accutane. It's really oily, and now I have a cyst on my chin. It came just in time for Friday and we went out and I swear to god, I must've caught him staring at it 10 times....

But I'm curious if some of you have boyfriends/girlfriends that  have *flawless* skin and how you cope...because I seriously need help coping.  confused.gif

Well, i got a pseudotumor from it and am probably killing myself now because ive taken about 5 pills randomly since my neurologst told me to stop. i guess it could make me blind and look at how stupid i am! im randomly taking it even though i know this!

but no, i dont think i'm ever allowed to go back on it. and its just like ive tried everything else and thi was the only thing that kind of worked. so im really upset i had to stop...

My ex had perfect skin :S But I got myself so depressed over this thing during the time I was with him I think I'm happier now that we've split lol.

Polar419, the risk isn't worth it, better stop taking them.

I've already posted about beauticians several times, it surprises me that so few people with acne visit a beautician for a facial treatment. Instead they keep trying product after product, often making their condition worse. Regulary getting a facial treatment will do wonders if you find a good beautician. You'll look fucked up for a day after the treatment, but it will prevent a lot of acne from forming and will improve your skin. You'll have to stick with it though, until you grow out of acne.

My boyfriend has the clearest skin ever; his skin is never oily and i would say that it's actually pretty dry. Needless to say that when i look at him, i feel terrible. I have to wear make-up all the time to hide my blemishes and marks.

How do i cope???? I'm very sorry, but after being with him for more than 2 years, i still don't have a solution to that. I guess whenever i have a really bad break-out, kind of like right now, i usually avoid seeing him.

Sorry if i can't be more helpful, but i totally understand how you must be feeling.

i found a girl that i would do anything for, but once i met her she stopped calling me. i had seen her 2 months before she had seen me. i sent her pics of me, when i take pics from a distance i don't seem to have acne. she told me she liked me and that she would go out with me. she is aisan and she is so beautiful. i started having acne when i was 13, now i'm 17 and haven't had a girl friend since then. i feel so depressed and nothing seems to work for me. i'm on accutane, just 5 pills through and not seeing no side effects. my face is becoming oily again. i ve given up on everything in just a couple of weeks.

but girl you are beautiful, i hope the guy you love makes you happy.

Anyways, my boyfriend came over last night and watched the Disney channel with me (lol i know i am so exciting  smile.gif ) and i strategically hid my face with my hair/hand/pillow and then he's like "get that out of your face!" and when i did the VERY FIRST thing he looked at was the pimple on my chin and probably silently noted how much it evolved since the night beofre! ahh!