Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
braillehand

Sweatproof concealer needed! Please Help.

Summer is coming on fast and the weather is getting unbearable. I'm a guy and I need help finding a concealer that doesn't come off when you sweat. Thanks.

Try (in no particular order):

1. Dermablend

2. Colorstay by Revlon

3. Pure mineral makeups

All of the above are quite durable, but it is still recommended that you gently blot away excess perspiration and oils using a new clean paper towel or tissue each time and the concealer will reset itself. You should do so several times a day at the slightest hint of oil/perspiration. If you wait too long to blot, the oils/perspiration will have caused the concealer to disintegrate and won't be able to reset itself.

I also apply Setting Powder from Dermablend over oily concealed areas (the T-zone) regardless of the brand of concealer I use. It will help to absorb some (not all) of the excess oils/perspiration and help the concealer to last much longer. After applying the setting powder and leaving it on for a few minutes, gently brush it off. Then barely moisten a small area of a terry facecloth and put a couple of fingers behind the area and use it to very gently blot away the excess powder. This will make the setting powder look more natural and less powdery.

I use mac pot concealer its awesome i wont use anything else cause i use it in the summer to and it never sweats off.

Covermark is waterproof and a great concealer, I got some from a dermatologist but I've also seen it at selected pharmacies (in Australia). This concealer is used for people who have severe scaring or to cover birthmarks etc. so it's very effective and one pot will last for years (I use it everyday). 

Try (in no particular order):

1.  Dermablend 

2.  Colorstay by Revlon

3.  Pure mineral makeups

All of the above are quite durable, but it is still recommended that you gently blot away excess perspiration and oils using a new clean paper towel or tissue each time and the concealer will reset itself.  You should do so several times a day at the slightest hint of oil/perspiration.  If you wait too long to blot, the oils/perspiration will have caused the concealer to disintegrate and won't be able to reset itself.

I also apply Setting Powder from Dermablend over oily concealed areas (the T-zone) regardless of the brand of concealer I use.  It will help to absorb some (not all) of the excess oils/perspiration and help the concealer to last much longer.  After applying the setting powder and leaving it on for a few minutes, gently brush it off.  Then barely moisten a small area of a terry facecloth and put a couple of fingers behind the area and use it to very gently blot away the excess powder.  This will make the setting powder look more natural and less powdery.