Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest SuzanneWW

Wearing Concealer and Sunbathing

Guest SuzanneWW

I go on my hols in 2 weeks and I won't be able to sunbath completely bare faced - doy ou think if I dabbed a little concealer (just on my marks/spots) then I'll be ok in the sun? I mean will this make the spots worse or will I therefore have uneven tanning?

At the moment I've got a couple of pimples, a few red marks and some of those pale brown marks from spots from ages ago so I know they all won't go in two weeks - knowing my luck i'll have a massive outreak between now and then......god i really hope that doesn't happen. I'm trying to watch what I eat as I do think that diet and stress have a major part to play in my acne.

if u go sunbathing, ur practically having yourself grilled........lol

ok, sorry,

Anyway, if the sun is burning strong, i dont think a concealer is needed, coz it doesnt really make a different......

i would prefer a tinted sun block instead.......

Yep, don't go sunbathing if you can help it. It is REALLY bad for your skin. But no, the concealer will not leave lighter patches were you apply it, as concealer doesn't have any spf in it.

Guest SuzanneWW

my concealer does have spf 10 in it.

where can i find a hypoallergenic non-comm tinted sun lotion?

I go on my hols in 2 weeks and I won't be able to sunbath completely bare faced - doy ou think if I dabbed a little concealer (just on my marks/spots) then I'll be ok in the sun?  I mean will this make the spots worse or will I therefore have uneven tanning? 

At the moment I've got a couple of pimples, a few red marks and some of those pale brown marks from spots from ages ago so I know they all won't go in two weeks - knowing my luck i'll have a massive outreak between now and then......god i really hope that doesn't happen.  I'm trying to watch what I eat as I do think that diet and stress have a major part to play in my acne.

Your concealer likely has titanium dioxide in it; if it does, it will provide an spf factor related to the amount of titanium dioxide (usually 17-18%) present, so an equivalent of spf 8 or so.

(EDIT: just saw yours has spf 10).

But if it's just on the red spots it should actually help your skin appear more even-toned when the unprotected area gets tanned but the red spots don't . I think it's a good idea to use it.

Obviously, sun is bad for your skin, but if you're going to do it anyways, at least make sure your red spots don't get worse!

But no, the concealer will not leave lighter patches were you apply it, as concealer doesn't have any spf in it.

Your concealer likely has titanium dioxide in it; if it does, it will provide an spf factor related to the amount of titanium dioxide (usually 17-18%) present, so an equivalent of spf 8 or so.

(EDIT: just saw yours has spf 10).

But if it's just on the red spots it should actually help your skin appear more even-toned when the unprotected area gets tanned but the red spots don't . I think it's a good idea to use it.

Obviously, sun is bad for your skin, but if you're going to do it anyways, at least make sure your red spots don't get worse!

spf is not an ingredient

Why do you need to get baked in the sun to get a tan?

I'm not a fan of the "Deep Riviera" look and think that leather belongs on the back of a croc, so I'm gonna tell you straight up, "Don't listen to Lexy!" 'cause no-one who's sane sits in the sun to get a tan anymore.

Everyone knows that the best way to get a St. Tropez glow is from a bottle.

Two weeks prior to going on holiday :

You need to be exfoliating everywhere on a daily basis.

You need to be body brushing for 30 minutes each day.

You need to be using something like, "Elemis Tan Accelerator".

You need to be applying a high SPF sunscreen regularly.

Normally a month before I head for the sun, I usually book an appointment at an Elemis Spa, where I have a Balinese Massage and an Aroma Spa Ocean Wrap, so I'd suggest you do something similiar if you want a good detox, because now's the best time for it.

Avoid the sun from between 12am-3pm. The concealer's just fine, though. OH! and apply sunscreen even after swimming, those reflected rays can be DEADLY.

Where are you going on holiday? I'll be heading to Roma.

Also, are you going for regular facials?

I think that you need to be going for regular facials starting from now. But, I'd say that you should've been having 'em since two months back, so that would have given your skin more time to get accustomed to things.

I don't know where you live, but, Urban Retreat, do one where you have little electrode pens (covered in real gold) being massaged over your face and neck. I've had good feedback with this, it magically unblocks any congestion, reduces redness, and tackles puffiness, too, so it's good for when you need to look your best QUICK.

Where I work, at Spa. NK, we had a deal where the first 50 people to book for an Eve Lom facial (acupressure and lymphatic drainage) got a complimentary Eve Lom starter kit. I don't know whether we still do that, though, but it'd be cool if we still did.

Umm idk if you've heard this Lexy, but tanning salons LIE! Tanning indoors is even worse than tanning outdoors b/c the UV rays penetrate deeper. The sun can help with acne as long as it's little and not in a booth...btw I had a friend who got skin cancer from tanning in a booth, then it spread and she died cry.gif , i get sooooo mad when ppl even talk about inside tanning not being bad evil.gif So I would really reccomend staying away from those booths...