Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mike24

That's. it. im done!

last night i finished my accutane course. 4 months of 40mg .

just in time for the summer, so i can get out in the sun a little. (how long before my skin goes back to normal?)

my skin was completley clear 3 weeks into the course. got my confidance back (after the derm got me off the mino and the cursed acne came back)

the hard part is when it comes back after months of being clear, after u forgot how self conscience it makes u and how much u think about it.

i hope so much that im done with this shit, had it for too many years (im 25 soon) although i have to admit that im not too optimistic about it not coming back,

im scared of the moment when ill get up in the morning to see the first whitehead. eusa_wall.gif

thats it for now, wish me luck, and same to u!

i know exactly how u feel, i am genuinely TERRIFIED i'll ever have to go through this again i dont think i cud do it again, there must be something u can do once finished accuntane

Congrat! eusa_clap.gif I am just about done too. My derm has me on 20mg for another month, I was taking 40 then 60mg but she said that coming off slow may help with the acne not coming back cuz she knows how paranoid I am of it coming back. Are you going on a topical for a year or so? My derm is alos putting me on Retin-A for a year after I am done, she said it helps with scars, red marks and the acne coming back.

ENJOY SUMMER, cool.gif ENJOY THE SUN, ENJOY BEING CLEAR!! eusa_dance.gif

Best of Luck,

Cass

my derm didnt say anything for me to do after im done with the tane.

is retin a micro a prescription drug?

and if so should i ask my derm about it?

Guest Marino

Guys make sure you use somekind of maintaince acne prgram after accutane. So many people have acne return after accutane.

I think you should look at retinoids [someone mentioned RetinMicro] that would be a good choice. Use it once a night untill your 25 year old or something. Trust me I've gone on and off acne for the past 7 years and everytime I get a rebreak out [like right now] its becasue of maintanece problems. Dont neglect your skin now coz its clear [not saying you plan on neglecting it].

I definetely recommend some maintenence program if possible. Believe me, if your acne does come back though going on accutane again will be worth it to get back the clear skin. I am actually a month into my 2nd course and although I wasnt looking forward to going through it again it was an easy decision. Life is so much different with clear skin.

A couple months after my first course I went on a topical antibiotic that kept me really clear for like a year but eventually wore off because thats what antibiotics do. I'd imagine retin a would give longer lasting results because i dont think your skin can become immune to it. I'd ask your derm about it maybe i'll do the same when i finish this course.