Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone had any experieces with Savlon. Im just looking for something to put on spots that are healing up and too red and sore to but BP but you still want to prevent bacteria getting them reinfected, any ideas if this works???????????

Has anyone had any experieces with Savlon.  Im just looking for something to put on spots that are healing up and too red and sore to but BP but you still want to prevent bacteria getting them reinfected, any ideas if this works???????????

I'm trying out Dettol soothing antiseptic cream now, will let you know how it goes in a couple of weeks if you like, but after 2 applications I have no complaints and it does help dry up pimples fast with no flaking (yet)

Has anyone had any experieces with Savlon.  Im just looking for something to put on spots that are healing up and too red and sore to but BP but you still want to prevent bacteria getting them reinfected, any ideas if this works???????????

I wish we could get Dettol in the states! I discovered not very long ago that chloroyylenol clears up my acne completely. Dettol has chloroxylenol in it but in a stronger strength I am buying. I use Provon medicated soap. I wanted to try the creams. Is the dettol helping with red spots? I seem to have a huge battle with them.

Hey KeithUrban!

I've just finished writing a post under your medicated soap thread.

Firstly I'd just like to say thanks, because it was you that put me on to the whole chloroxylenol thing in the first place smile.gif and I haven't been this hopeful about a product in a long while.

If the soap has cleared you up than perhaps going on to something stronger really isn't neccesary. As I said in my other post I just woke up this morning to find that the Dettol cream does cause flaking so perhaps the soap is better.

The only reason I'm using the cream instead of the soap is because I couldn't readily find the soap here in Aus.

As for red marks it's too early to tell but I'll keep an eye on it and let you know. It never even occurred to me that it might be good for healing existing redmarks.

I'm so happy that you've had such great results, are you still clear? Hopefully I'll be as lucky as you...fingers crossed!

Well ive carried on using savlon and it does seem to work. Some of you have mentioned Dettol, i actually went thru a period where i ran out of face wash and i didnt want to leave the house to get ne more (bad skin attack) so i substituted it for Dettol, which i diluted and then used all over my face. It seemed to work although i only used it for a week but i was clear for that week, i wasnt sure if to carry on using it thou as i thought it might be abit harsh for my skin as its quite sensitive and i only have acne around my mouth. Hmmm might try it again thou soon! Would be abit worried that it might strip my face of any natural oil and cause more spots in the long run???

I don't like the idea of using liquid dettol on my face everyday, but maybe a few times a week would be okay? I don't know.

The Dettol cream seems to be working well I've only had 2 new pimples since I first started it on monday...and these are only smallish uninflammed papules so that's definately an improvement

If you do decide to use the dettol let me know how it goes smile.gif

I used to use Savlon to bring sore lurking-under-the-skin spots to a head. There's a cheapo similar product called Cetrimide (active ingredient in Savlon I think) and it's evil-smelling stuff and quite harsh but does the drying-out of spots really well.