Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteveLewis

Well, I've decided to quit Accutane

I developed some numbness in my left arm and it's made me think that if this drug can do this to my body in only a week then why would I put myself through 5 months of this. I still have acne yes and it bothers me a lot but I don't think I'm willing to ruin my body to get rid of it. There are still natural cures I haven't tried, I'll be doing a comprehensive Candida cleanse next and I'm hoping that'll help with my acne as Accutane just wasn't for me.

I'm just hoping the numbness I have now will go away beacuse it's really bothersome. I called my derm and he said that it's probably not from Accutane and that I probably just lifted something wrong wacko.gif . I wanted to give it a go but it seems that my body isn't taking it too well so I don't want to push it any further by putting this overly powerful drug into it. Too bad, I was hoping this would be my panacea but this side effect has scared me off.

Guest Craigems

u realise u coulda just slept on your arm funny. I havent heard of tane causing numbness before ???

The first weeks tuff coz your body has to get used to the drug.

I was the same i avoided tane, as a result i have scarring now, but i thank god for tane.

Oh well ur choice best of luck with ur treatments.

but my lips are still chapped im on a 8 month clear but im clear now on 6 months still got 2 months though but feeling better it is great stuff

u realise u coulda just slept on your arm funny. I havent heard of tane causing numbness before ???

The first weeks tuff coz your body has to get used to the drug.

I was the same i avoided tane, as a result i have scarring now, but i thank god for tane.

Oh well ur choice best of luck with ur treatments.

Accutane side-effects come and go. Even something that seems awful for a few days can then disappear overnight and never return again. This happens all the time. That's why such decisions as reducing dosage or discontinuing treatment should be at the discretion of your dermatologist, and why a close and candid rapport with your dermatologist is of paramount importance.

If you really become concerned about any side-effect tell your derm and they'll do what's best for you. It's quite possible that your arm numbness would have disappeared after a week and never come back. Side-effects which persist AFTER a course of Accutane is completed occur in less than 1% of all Accutane users.

If you feel you made the right choice then that's what's most important though. In the meantime SteveLewis if you'd like to check out some great natural alternatives, I feel that my program represents "the final solution." Just follow my link below. Good luck.

Don't you think a week is very early to make up your mind to quit, especially as your derm. doesn't think it's Accutane related?

Guest delta force operators

can accutane cure your acne for the rest of ur life...or does it always come back...i heard somethwere htat once u go on accutane it clears people up forever..is this true or what

Good, don't take accutane unless you have to man it's terrible stuff.

It gave me terrible paranoia and dementia, it's some scary stuff man.

I think it hurt me permanently but we'll see. I feel i a little better everyday, i just hope my body keeps feeling better.

Demenita, paranoia, arm numbness.....whats next? Someone's penis fell off.

Come on guys...get a grip. Yes, Accutane will dry you out and give you dry lips and dry skin and rashes and it is not to be taken lightly.....

But serious side effects happen in like .01% of the people. People on this board post stuff that makes me laugh. Thousands of people take Accutane...maybe millions- 99.9% of them run their course, have clearing for a while or sometimes perminantly.

Stevelewis...give it some time. I am sure your numbness is not Accutane related. If all these insane side effects we hear about on this board were true, they would be giving Accutane to people on death row instead of lethal injection.

Accutane can be harsh. But it is the closest thing we have to a cure. It is not NEARLY as bad as peopple make it sound. eusa_wall.gif

Demenita, paranoia, arm numbness.....whats next? Someone's penis fell off.

Come on guys...get a grip. Yes, Accutane will dry you out and give you dry lips and dry skin and rashes and it is not to be taken lightly.....

But serious side effects happen in like .01% of the people. People on this board post stuff that makes me laugh. Thousands of people take Accutane...maybe millions- 99.9% of them run their course, have clearing for a while or sometimes perminantly.

Stevelewis...give it some time. I am sure your numbness is not Accutane related. If all these insane side effects we hear about on this board were true, they would be giving Accutane to people on death row instead of lethal injection.

Accutane can be harsh. But it is the closest thing we have to a cure. It is not NEARLY as bad as peopple make it sound.  eusa_wall.gif

agreed. steve lewis, are your lips even dry yet?

a product of reading these message boards so much is that people go on accutane and begin to search for every slight abnormality in their mind/body/life and are just incredibly quick to blame it on the drug.

you are on the drug for a long time, and shit happens during the course of 5 months. If you had the flu during your course would you say its cause of accutane? Probably not. why are you blaming arm numbness on it after a week?

accutane doesn't cause numbness... people always blame all their problems on accutane coz one person said they had a problem with it and then this whole forum is going off about how bad it is and what happened to them on it when in reality they might have eaten something that was off or they bumped their arm or something.... i mean come on, it aint that bad and you prolly woulda experience the same thing roaccutane or not.

To be honest i experenced a similar thing, my left arm and sholder would go MILDLY numb, but its gone. The only side effect i have now is fucked lips

You know I just read some of the responses to SteveLewis's post and I'm completely blown away! Talk about encouraging support here.

People, I understand about trying to tell someone to hang in there, and try not to trip out about the side effects to much, because they will subside, but to belittle them is completely contrary to what this web site is about. I mean come on, Penis falling off!

Stevelewis: Only you can decide if this is something that you and your body can tolerate. Alot of people have had great results with Accutane. I think the key here is your confidance with your derm and his knowledge.

Good luck to you

Ro

Rowan is right! It's his choice. None of us are doctors, none of us know for sure what we are talking about. Yes, Accutane can also cause psychiatric problems. Everyone is different! If Steve feels he is putting his health at risk, then he should get off it. Enough said, so please stop the madness! smile.gif

I also agree with Rowan. It is important to respect others choices. I am sure quitting Accutane was equally as difficult as starting it.

I try to remember that this is not an Accutane debate board, but a support board.

Also, I think some people's bodies are so clear of meds, etc. that they're more sensitive to their effects. In our family we rarely take even over the counter cold remedies, etc. If we do get sick, which isn't that often, we have been able to just let the bugs run their course. We have been generally healthy with diet etc. If we did require them, I think we would react to them more so than my friend who is taking something literally 2-3 times per day.

I was not trying to discourage or belittle Stevelewis. I was trying to explain that people tend to exagerate their side effects or blame different unrelated problems on Accutane. People lke Stevelewis read these posts and enter their course expecting the absolute worst.

My goal in posting was to explain that the overwhelming majority experience only teh common side effects and are quite pleased with the results. I tend to think that some people enter their course with existing health problems and then blame Accutane when they hae problems.

I apologize if my post offended anyone, especially Stevelewis. I would say to him to give the course 6 weeks and see where you stand. One week is not enough time to stop or decide it is not working or not worth it.

I was not trying to discourage or belittle Stevelewis. I was trying to explain that people tend to exagerate their side effects or blame different unrelated problems on Accutane. People lke Stevelewis read these posts and enter their course expecting the absolute worst.

My goal in posting was to explain that the overwhelming majority experience only teh common side effects and are quite pleased with the results. I tend to think that some people enter their course with existing health problems and then blame Accutane when they hae problems.

I apologize if my post offended anyone, especially Stevelewis. I would say to him to give the course 6 weeks and see where you stand. One week is not enough time to stop or decide it is not working or not worth it.

Rowan is right! It's his choice. None of us are doctors, none of us know for sure what we are talking about. Yes, Accutane can also cause psychiatric problems. Everyone is different! If Steve feels he is putting his health at risk, then he should get off it. Enough said, so please stop the madness! smile.gif

i would never ever go back on my decision to take accutane, i couldn't be happier about my face after 4 months i havent taken it the past 5 days becuase i keep forgetting to get my perscription, but i swear by it ... i wouldnt ever go back in time and change the fact that i popped my first tane pill

i swear my life by it, becuase it changed mine ...

mitch