Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've done some searches but haven't found much info or reports on personal experiences. I am kind of getting the impression that Exoderm is a bit of a fantasy cure? Am I silly for even looking? ;-)

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanx!

I've done some searches but haven't found much info or reports on personal experiences. I am kind of getting the impression that Exoderm is a bit of a fantasy cure? Am I silly for even looking? ;-)

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanx!

I have spoken to someone who had this done and they said it was the best thing they did for their scars, though it didn't eliminate all of them.  The thing is, it can dramatically alter the color of your face and would not be good for darker skin types.

Do you know anyone who has suffered skin decoloration after being treated with Exoderm?

I dont think exoderm would be very effective on severe scarring (deep scars). I have reserached this for years and based on the results that is what I think.

I dont think exoderm would be very effective on severe scarring (deep scars). I have reserached this for years and based on the results that is what I think.

I wrote a PM to Lexy a few weeks back, so it is me she is probably referring to. I've had Exoderm done and wouldn't mind having it done again. Below is a copy of what I sent to Lexy.

As far as Exoderm goes, it's the best thing I've ever done for my scars, and if I could get the money and time off together, I would do it again. Though, for me, my scars were mild to moderate, and naturally it helped the mild scars more than the moderate ones. I still have scars, though all improved overall. But reflecting back since my procedure in Sept.03 I would have to say my overall improvement was in the 35-40% area.

I went to Dr. Rullan in San Diego (Chula Vista) and he is the best acne Dr. I've ever seen bar none. The procedure was $3700 then, probably more now though. I will admit to hoping for a greater improvement for the money spent, but am satisfied that it is an effective procedure and would do again.

I'm real happy with my Exoderm. My skin color returned to normal about 5 weeks after the procedure. My face was red, sunburn looking for several weeks and faded as the weeks went by. I told my son about the procedure but my parents and rest of my family no one would ever knew I had it done.

Only 2 people that I seen in the 5 weeks til my skin returned to normal even asked me questions and I told them both I was sunburn. I took 4 weeks vacation, then I underwent back surgery and was off work another 8 weeks and when I returned to work no one knew anything.

My only regret is I did have Dr. Rullan do a spot treatment on my neck about 3/4 in. x 1/2 in. and I lost some of the pigment in that area. It is lighter skin colored and it does bother me. It did help the scar there, but wish I hadn't treated that area as there is discoloration. But the rest of my face, there is no obvious sign of any skin color loss. I mean, I'm sure I must have lost some but since he did my whole face from my jawbone up into my hairline there is no demarcation line. I'm real happy with that. My skin tone is fair complected anyway, which is perfect candidate for this procedure.

I would recommend Exoderm to anyone, but as I stated, I do have fair skin, and I was perfect for this. If you have darker skin or olive skin I don't know what the results would be, but I'm happy with my face skin tone. I've also seen pictures of the one girl who had acne scars and you could see the obvious skin color differation. But she also had 5 Exoderm treatments.

:o) Sugarpaw

Exoderm is a very powerful acid. About 68% of the people that do it get a face like the following, so be careful:

user posted image

Exoderm is a very powerful acid. About 68% of the people that do it get a face like the following, so be careful:

user posted image

Shallow scars do improve overtime with minimum or no intervention to the point that you can hardly spot anything anymore. I know because I can see the skin of my face on the mirror. No need to do exoderm for minor scars. Just one and a half year of no picking and some mild home peels, I did a year ago.

I was looking into this a few months ago. If you do a search of the message boards for exoderm, there are a few threads with people who had it done, and they were all very pleased with their results from what I remember.