Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matt1234

What's the best filler?

Hey all,

There are so many fillers to choose from - Aquamid, Restylane, bovine collagen, fat, Artecoll, Isolagen, etc etc.

I know that some are temporary and some are longer lasting - I don't care, I just want the most effective one! I have shallow rolling scars...please help!

Hey all,

There are so many fillers to choose from - Aquamid, Restylane, bovine collagen, fat, Artecoll, Isolagen, etc etc.

I know that some are temporary and some are longer lasting - I don't care, I just want the most effective one! I have shallow rolling scars...please help!

I live in Canada where Artecoll has been approved for some time. I have been getting Artecoll injections to both cheeks for the past 2 years. The results are permanent, but you have to be patient. I AM satisfied with the results, but like all other scar treatments, it doesn't result in 100% improvement. My improvement after 2 years is probably between 40% in the rolling look of my scars. I can definitely feel where my own collagen and tissue have grown to fill in certain areas that were depressed. It has not done much (if anything) for icepicks.

Injections are 4 to 6 months apart, to allow time for your own collagen and tissue to grow - thus the patience. I would encourage people to take before and after pictures all the way through to make sure they can document their improvement.

Artecoll is a good treatment from my perspective - you can visit Canada and get it done if you can't do it yet in the U.S.

Hey, thanks for the advice guys..

I also live in Canada, and I'm very interested in Artecoll. Isolagen looks like a miracle...but I don't know how effective it is. This is all very confusing...I think I'm gona get temporary Restylane while I make up my mind. And Restylane gives immediate results I think...

paiir, how long did it take to see results with Artecoll? and what province are you in? is your surgeon good?

Fat is the safest filer out there..if done correctly will stay permanent. The fat is taken from your own body so there are no side effects that u would get with an artificial fillers

It has aslo been compared to stem cell.

"To ensure lasting changes, the transplanted fat must be able to survive in its new environment. With LipoStructure®, body fat is gently harvested, refined with minimal handling, and painstakingly layered into minuscule strands. The method isolates each bit of fat within the surrounding muscle, skin, bone, cartilage or connective tissue. This specific layering method creates a large surface area of contact with the augmented area. This ensures that nutrition can be exchanged through capillaries in the enveloping tissue. This is essential for the fat to survive."

When you get restylane injected do you get good results right away????

Im thinking of getting and what would the price be for like 8-10 scars???

When you get restylane injected do you get good results right away????

Im thinking of getting and what would the price be for like 8-10 scars???

Guest delta force operators

im looking into lipostructure...that seems to help with rolling scars...

has anyone done FAT FILLER ?? on this forum ?

I m thinking about doing this treatment .. and i need more info ..

eusa_angel.gif

traceylynn,

what type of scarring do you have? and are they deep or shallow?

also, is restylane your only treatment, or do you combine it with resurfacing?

finally, how would you rate the results??

I'm about to get restylane, so i'm really curious

Thanks

traceylynn,

what type of scarring do you have? and are they deep or shallow?

also, is restylane your only treatment, or do you combine it with resurfacing?

finally, how would you rate the results??

I'm about to get restylane, so i'm really curious

Thanks

Hey all,

Recent research has proven that the best filler for acne scars is raw fish of mackerels mixed with bananas. Apparently when the mixture is inserted in the skin, it is slowly absorded by it and in its place, collagen is deposited. Ask your doctor about this breakthrough solution!

I have mild to moderate rolling scars.  The restylane brings it level to the surface so it is 100% improvement.  This 100% improvement only lasts for about 3 months though.  I just went in last Friday for a touch up because the improvement was down to about 80%.  I do not get any resurfacing.  Not everyone will experience 100% improvement though because some scars are bound down more with scar tisue.  Some people get subcision before a filler to break up the scar tissue to get better improvements but I do not need to do this.  I actually love restylane and I am so glad that I got it done.  I find that the injection looks the best after about a couple of weeks once my bruising and swelling have gone down and the restylane has settled in.  Good luck!

Although this proceduce is new, lots of doctors do it. Ask your doctor if he does it. They also don't charge a lot, this filler is one of the cheapest. They usually prepare the mixture on the spot from ingredients they keep in their fridge. Dr Hah Adoure Allybel Ievethiscr Ap is the inventor of this great procedure, you might want to google him.

why would you use a temporary solution, if you can use a fat filler. I would never use a filler which would only be good for 2 or 3 months. That's ridiculous.

I agree that fat transfer (from your own body obviously) is the best option, it's safe, your body won't reject it and most importantly it's there for life!

I agree that fat transfer (from your own body obviously) is the best option, it's safe, your body won't reject it and most importantly it's there for life!

does anyone here know how long this fat filler will really last ?

i m confused .. it sounds like the most safest filler to me .. and yet no one of this forum have done it ..

WHY ??

I haven't seen any clinical studies that have shown fat is permanent.  Just some anecdotal evidence on message boards.

does anyone here know how long this fat filler will really last ?

i m confused .. it sounds like the most safest filler to me .. and yet no one of this forum have done it ..  

WHY ??

Kooky, have you actually done research regarding the fat filler, or are you just throwing out opinions?