Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryansands1

bobbi brown vs prescriptives

ANyone use Bobby brown makeup for oily skinsp15- or Prescriptives- do you break out from this- i want something that is sheer and that I don't break out from- i have Tzone oily and break out only on that area, the rest of face is dryer. thanks

I use prescriptives virtual matte and it doesn't break me out. My sister uses the virtual skin and that doesn't either. If you're looking for something sheer you would probably like the Virtual Skin. Both are oil-free. I've never tried Bobbi Brown but have been thinking about trying it.

Hi there. I've used both Bobbi Brown (compact and liquid) and Prescriptive (custom blend and virtual matte). Bobbi Brown compact is my favourite as it's fuss free, smooth to apply and covers about everything. You might find it a little too heavy, but the cover looks really natural. The liquid works well too, but compact is a personal preference. Bobbi Brown products don't make me break out.

As for Prescriptive...well, I genuinely like the brand, and I was very happy with my custom blend. But the virtual matte made me break out like mad. At first, I was very happy with virtual matte 'cos it's heavy and I only had to put on a little to cover everything. It's smooth and the colour is very nice. But after some time of using the foundation, I started to break out really bad and when I stopped, my skin recovered. I guess my skin just don't react very well to virtual matte, is all. But you might want to be careful about that.

Hope this helps.

I've found the colours of Prescriptives much better than Bobbi Brown, and the technicians at Prescriptives have been infinitely better at colour matching.

Cashmira biggrin.gif

I have used Prescriptives for years. When I stray and try other foundations I ALWAYS end up coming back to Px. I have tried all of their liquid foundations and have never had a problem with breakouts. That is saying something for me!

Currently I use Virtual Youth, a very sheer layer holds up very well for me during a long day. Virtual Matte was a bit heavy for me, but it did not cause any zits.

I have tried BB's oil free and it just didn't hold up well on me. It did not cause me to breakout though. Good luck!

*Also you might want to check out the prodcut reviews over at Makeup Alley.