Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i am able to keep my skin pretty clear but i get these annoying breakouts because of my oily skin. what happens is that i have a breakout, and am clear for a week, but during that time all the oil causes clogged pores and the little invisible bumps turn on me and then i breakout again. it is not severe by any means, but it is so annoing because i made all these diet changes and have my regimen and i spend so much time doing all the right things just to have my oily skin ruin it all.

so my question is: does flaxseed really live up to the hype?? people are saying their face went from oil slick to dry in a few weeks or even less.

i am able to keep  my skin pretty clear but i get these annoying breakouts because of my oily skin. what happens is that i have a breakout, and am clear for a week, but during that time all the oil causes clogged pores and the little invisible bumps turn on me and then i breakout again.  it is not severe by any means, but it is so annoing because i made all these diet changes and have my regimen and i spend so much time doing all the right things just to have my oily skin ruin it all. 

so my question is: does flaxseed really live up to the hype?? people are saying their face went from oil slick to dry in a few weeks or even less.

Any kind of EFA like flaxseed or borage oil is needed to help regulate hormones. I've been taking borage oil for a few weeks, and I've noticed that it cut down the oil on my skin. I still have some breakouts, but the oil is gone. I will keep taking it and evaluate.

I don't have lots of oil on my face, but at the end of the day it has more than the average person. I've been taking borage/flax oil for more than 2 weeks now. I have noticed my oil has decreased, but I'm still getting some acne. I'm also taking extra omega 3 along with it. I think I was getting too much omega 6 and 9, so I starting taking more omega 3 to balance it out. You must experiment to see how much of an oil you may need. I'm still trying to find out for myself! I believe I don't get enough omega 3, but plenty of 6, and 9.

Guest delta force operators

is there any supplement that helps with cell turnover exfoliation????????????????????????????? i have both problems !!!!!!

I have no idea about its effect on oily skin, but it's really, really good for you. biggrin.gif

I've been taking it for about three weeks now. HOWEVER, there were about 3-4 days in the middle where I didn't have access to my flaxseed oil, and I noticed that a few days after that I had a pretty severe breakout, where previously I'd been relatively clear. That was the only change I made in my regimen that week, so I'm wondering if it's actually helping to keep me clear ...? Who knows, with acne? biggrin.gif

Anyway, point is, it sure can't hurt! If you do decide to take it, make sure you buy either the liquid oil or the raw seeds. Otherwise, you have to take like 10-14 tablets a day. I put 1 tbsp of oil in my smoothie every morning ...you can't taste it at all! smile.gif

I don't have lots of oil on my face, but at the end of the day it has more than the average person. I've been taking borage/flax oil for more than 2 weeks now. I have noticed my oil has decreased, but I'm still getting some acne. I'm also taking extra omega 3 along with it. I think I was getting too much omega 6 and 9, so I starting taking more omega 3 to balance it out. You must experiment to see how much of an oil you may need. I'm still trying to find out for myself! I believe I don't get enough omega 3, but plenty of 6, and 9.

I am using a flax/borage oil mixture that's mixed together already. I'm taking this at night, and taking cod liver oil in the morning. You see, our hormones need certain amounts of Omega 3, 6, and 9. Acne sufferers lack some of these omega, placing our hormones out of balance. At least, this is what I believe. That's why when we eat certain foods that contain unequal amounts of Omega's, we break out. Omega 6 is found in corn, canola oil, and sunflower oil. Canola oil is found in nearly every food, so we get way too much. We don't get enough Omega 3, so I would suggest adding more to your diet. Start by taking Omega 3 supplement, and see what happens. You have to experiment with oils until you find the perfect balance. I'm still trying to get my perfect balance! Once the balance is in place, your hormones should be as well.

K, I was taking flaxseed oil for about a month, mainly to combat those small bumps you're talking about.

Let me tell you this, I had about 20 on each side of my chin. Now, after a month's use, I'm down to maybe 2 or 3 on each side. It worked great. Now just waiting for these damn redmarks to heal....

But thumbs up for me.

Oh, so you guys are taking the flaxeed oil internally, I thought we rub it on our face or something. Do put it in your food or just drink it straight. I bought a bottle already and still do not know what is the right way to use it.

I have bee takeing flaxseed pills for about 3 weeks now, I havent noticed a decrese in my oil production, but I havent been breaking out as bad. But I am also taking nature cure pills, and I just started a new wash so who knows what it could be but it isnt helping oil wise.

hey pepsis2 - I use the liquid and put it on toast and then cover it with a little bit of low carb peanut butter. This is really the best and easiest way I've found so far.

Flax oil is great for you.......it has all sorts of benifits and everyone should take it......getting rid of oil is prob one of its least beneficial effects....