Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danno123

What Does Everyone Do For A Living?

I have had acne for 12 years. I am now 27 and I am a web designer that has worked from home for the past two years. I just got a job in a studio, and where i would normally be excited,the fact that i have acne makes me nervous about the whole situation.. with added stress, bright lights etc.

I was wondering how acne has affected everyone else on this forum, career wise?

I like what i do, but i would be a lot further ahead if it wasnt for acne. This is not an excuse, but a reason.

Guest Amy Lee

My first dermatologist had acne scars and deep holes on her nose... that's her profession/job, that's what she does for a living... at least she's brave enough to face her patients I applauded her for that.

I'm not working yet, just only shared that someone else's...

I want to be a hip hop MC in the music industry and im messed up on accutane so far with scars on my face and 16 years, height of 5'7 which isnt superstar quality or w/e u like to call it. And im too broke to fix whatever i can do right now.hopefully things could change as the time comes.

I work in a bookstore. It doesnt really affect my acne but the lights, both in the toilets and the shop floor are really bright. But I'm lucky cos I have great colleagues who tell me they don't even notice my acne at work. But they're probably lying...

I'm 22 and a computer tech for Hewlett-Packard. I used to work in retail and acne made me very self concious. Now that I'm older I regret how acne made me shy away from females; but it hasn't affected my career path.

Bottom feeder for an entertainment company in Santa Monica.

Me wantz to be a writer. Networking, the most salient trait one needs for success in this industry, has been quite difficult, seeing how I feel lower than a garbage-rummaging, flea-ridden, scurvy-afflicted bum. Thank you, acne.

i work in a hospital arranging ambulances for children i work with a doctor who had severe acne scarring and someone with acne similir to mine.

I'm a housekeeper, which thank God doesn't require me in the face of the public. But I do remember the numerous retail jobs, and the times I'd literally be walking around with my hair in my face....

The cleaning materials at my current job do aggravate acne, though. sad.gif

Im a student studying Occupational Therpay.

Hasnt really affected my studies so far, il miss uni from time to time and when on my hospital placement i had a couple of days off n said i was ill when i really shouldnt have done because me skin was bad!

I get really depressed over my skin but sometimes when i remember the problems of some of the ppl ive working with i know im just being so vain and pathetic but i guess i just cant help it cry.gif

Im a soph. at emory university and work in bookkeeping at home depot. A year ago i had clear skin, was a dancer at a gentleman's club and a fetish model. I had more fun then, but acne, now scars, has made me buckle down. All the drinking and partying used to get in my way. Now i just sit in my room and study or read.

Im a soph. at emory university and work in bookkeeping at home depot. A year ago i had clear skin, was a dancer at a gentleman's club and a fetish model. I had more fun then, but acne, now scars, has made me buckle down. All the drinking and partying used to get in my way. Now i just sit in my room and study or read.

Good question. I had acne all through my University years, and also when I did my masters. I could never make up my mind what I wanted to do with my life, so I applied to jobs in lots of different sectors. Eventually I went back to science and am now doing a PhD. My acne got very very bad in my first and second years of my PhD and I was glad I didn't have a job where I had to face clients or the public. Last August, partly thanks to the BP regimen, I cleared up about 90% and have stayed that way with only the occasional unsightly spot. I decided to go for a career in finance, and have been offered a place at a big institution in London starting next year. I don't think I ever would have had the nerve to go to all those interviews and assessments days if my acne had not cleared up. If I still had bad acne, I would probably stay in science in a lab. job where I didn't have to face many people, even though it's not a very good career in the UK.

Hmm I'm in college studying my bacchelor of science in Nursing. I work part time at Sears as a sales associate. I have to work at a hospital twice a week for my work experince for school I don't think my acne will effect me that much when i'm working in a hospital because there are soo many people in alot worst conditions that they see past your acne and see your kind caring face. I feel good when I'm with my patients.

Im working fulltime and going to school part time working towards engineering or computer information systems

At first it affected me for about 7 years but im gradually getting over it.....people stare at me sometimes obviously because of my acne

i had a lot of trouble in college due to my acne, i was very subconcious and it affected everything in my life. i couldnt cope very well and in turn my grades and attendence suffered greatly. needless to say i didnt graduate college. sad.gif i had some crappy warehouse jobs which i took so i didnt have to deal with too many people , i guess it was my way of hiding so no one would see my face. i hated those jobs though cause they were stupid and not very challenging mentally.

i got lucky recently and found a job in my field even though i dont have my diploma. (web design and development). the job makes me happy and gives me hope that i didnt have before when i had those crappy jobs.

uh how old are you? i'd go back to school =)

i unfortunetly didn't graduate uni so now i have 55 creds so far =( was palnning to get my associates but classes were never available so im going for a accelerated 4 years

good luck whatever you do though =) Im going to eventually ahve to pay it all back though

financial aid is good

I am a college student and I was SO excited ab going off to college into this shit-acne-happened. My grades were good this past semester, even though I did miss more classes than I should've, but I am hoping on this clearing up over the summer so I can feel "normal" again and live my life. blah! eusa_wall.gif

Guest Keeley

What do I do for a living? eusa_think.gif

Well im a full time student biggrin.gif and hold 2 part time jobs... one as a translater, and the other as a I.T support worker teaching the elderly eusa_angel.gif

Edit: I forgot to add, acne doesnt affect me eusa_shifty.gif