Notifications
Clear all

Mario Badescu Products

MemberMember
(@monique)

Posted : 05/12/2003 9:24 pm

Has anyone tried the Mario Badescu products before? They have quite an extensive line......including their "acne drying lotion" and "buffering lotion". I actually went today to their skin care clinic and had a discussion over whether or not bp is more or less effective than salycidic acid. Anyhow....I am now on Dr. Perricone products and feel the results have been sporadic (meaning sometimes they work, sometime they don't). Wondering if I should swich to Mario Badescu products????? Open for suggestions!

MemberMember
(@kristiana)

Posted : 05/13/2003 12:10 pm

when I started breaking out intially, I ordered a lot of Mario Badescu products, and they didn't do anything at all. I bought the famous pink drying lotion and the drying cream. They are both difficult to work with, so I didn't find them helpful at all. But, I guess the pink drying lotion is famous for a reason. So many people swear by it, so I guess it's worth a shot if you want to try it. But, I'm just giving you my two cents. It might work for you.

MemberMember
(@diana)

Posted : 05/14/2003 1:29 am

i had tried the pink stuff and it did not work for me at all. it stunk like the sulfur that is in it and did nothing. it even made my eyes hurt and sting alot and for the longest time couldnt figure out what was irritating my eyes. and that was after i had washed the stuff off. weird. just do the regimen. are you having a tough time with the benzoyl peroxide?

MemberMember
(@undertheboat)

Posted : 10/01/2004 1:59 am

i love mario badescu. it might take a couple of months for the results to be really noticeable but the clue i think is to stick to the gentle stuff when you can. for example, use a gentle cleanser, like the seaweed one, and the special cucumber lotion instead of an astringent. the buffering lotion is good, so is the healing cream, the drying lotion, the drying mask, and the healing powder is sometimes good. I'm a big fan. biggrin.gif

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@iwanttolive)

Posted : 10/02/2004 1:42 pm

when I started breaking out intially, I ordered a lot of Mario Badescu products, and they didn't do anything at all. I bought the famous pink drying lotion and the drying cream. They are both difficult to work with, so I didn't find them helpful at all. But, I guess the pink drying lotion is famous for a reason. So many people swear by it, so I guess it's worth a shot if you want to try it. But, I'm just giving you my two cents. It might work for you.

MemberMember
(@chronic1)

Posted : 10/03/2004 3:42 pm

I tried the "Healing Cream" and the "Healing & Soothing Mask." The cream barely helped with the fading of old red marks, but works as well as neosporin for newly extracted zits. The mask started to clog my pores after a few uses and broke me out. So, I wouldn't be repurchasing either products.

MemberMember
(@seanbertiger)

Posted : 10/03/2004 5:01 pm

i spent 100s of dollars on his products. They didnt work at all. And the smell is literaly unbearable. Dont waste your money on that shit

MemberMember
(@zitqueen)

Posted : 10/04/2004 1:19 am

Yeah, I tried their stuff. Someone that worked there told me to try it for a month, I did, and still broke out. I returned the products and got a refund!

Then I started using erythromycin which was very drying, so I begin to cleanse with Mario Badescu's "Enzyme cleasing gel" very gentle (has AHA), it worked great with the erythromycin.

Unfortunetly, the erythromycin stopped working and I've started a new regimen.

Their glycolic acid (8%) cleanser is nice too.

You can also call them and have samples sent to you to try before you buy. smile.gif

Unless you live in or near their NYC store, where they'll evaluate your skin--kinda fun and recommend what's best for your skin type.

MemberMember
(@chels-bels)

Posted : 03/29/2013 9:01 am

I am 30 yrs old and for the past 2 years have been SUFFERING with acne. I have finally found some stuff that works/doesn't irritate my skin and wanted to share so maybe I can help someone else.

I did some research on Tea Tree Oil and it is working for me. I use Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar for cleansing.

Special cleansing lotion "c" by Mario Badescu for after cleansing.

Mario Badescu SPF 17 Oil Free Moisturizer

and 100% Undiluted Tea Tree Oil for breakouts.

I have also cut DAIRY out of my diet and all of these things have cleared my face up TREMENDOUSLY!!! (Article about dairy & acne)

Here are links to the products:

Cetaphil

Special Cleansing Lotion "C"

Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 17

Kis 100% Undiluted Tea Tree Oil

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 03/29/2013 7:00 pm

too much alcohol. they make it sound like it's this all natural products but they really aren't... if you look at the ingredients.

MemberMember
(@stateofgrace)

Posted : 03/31/2013 1:27 pm

too much alcohol. they make it sound like it's this all natural products but they really aren't... if you look at the ingredients.

Totally agreed -- and it also freaks me out a little bit that they don't list all of a product's ingredients on its packaging, and that much of their labeling doesn't follow FDA requirements.