Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone ever reached that point in their life where they can grow a beard so much that their acne vanished? I have a lot of hair on my chin and lip and no acne at all exists there. However, I don't have so much on the sides of my face at this point, and I have a considerable amount of blackheads, pimples, etc... I think if my face would grow hair all over, it would end my acne. I guess i just have to have patience, or maybe I can take some testosterone to help out...haha. what do you think?

don't be screwing around with testosterone, many people(i.e. bodybuilders) who take synthesized testosterone tend to break out - BAD. About your idea, I think it's ok, though you'd still be feeling the pimples(if you have cysts) but I think it's better for one's self esteem to look in the mirror and not see pimples, no matter if they feel them or not...i'm babbling again, sorry

bye

Sorry to say, but it wont help in this situation. I havea fully grown beard and i still get zits here and there a very mild case by the way but nevertheless its there. Though it is good for hiding red marks.

I think that when the hair grows in thick, it fills in the pores where blackheads or whiteheads would normally be. Because, Like I said, where I have thick facial hair, no acne exists at all.

I totally 100% agree with this theory and i'm 100% behind it wanna know why?

My acne started on my chin.....Now that i can grow a goatie (lot's of hair) not only do i not get n e acne on my chin, but their's no more oil. Another reason is that i use to have acne on only 1 side of my face and it's where all the hair grew while the other side only had peach fuzz. Well as soon as the hair grew on my one side the acne has reduced significally and i actually "called" it out to myself that i would get acne on a certain area on the other side of my face where their is no hair at all and for the last month their are blemishes all their with black hair's in a very dis-organized fashion.

Just my POV.

I use to get mild acne on the side of my face like in the sideburn area but since i started shaving at 15 and now im 18 the hair their is alot thicker and i hardly get spots there anymore and the same goes for my moustache area as well.

No, I dont think so. When I look at my skin close up. The hair grows through the pores and makes it difficult for any infection to take place when it is thick enough.

No, I dont think so.  When I look at my skin close up.  The hair grows through the pores and makes it difficult for any infection to take place when it is thick enough.