Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Themusic

bp gel beautiful bleacher

i used to use bp gel about 2 years ago and stopped i re started about a month back and i remember why i stopped now, i applied the bp gel in the morning, at about 9am then went to my mates house in a hooded top at about 8PM i get back home and its all bleached, 11 hours on my skin and its bleached my clothes

BP definitely can bleach clothes. It sux. Gotta keep clothes away from the face like that to avoid bleaching.

I never understand all of these stories about BP bleaching!? Once I let my BP dry into my skin, it never ever stains anything!!! I use a 5% BP product that is water-based, oppose to alcohol based, and its a gel version.

Are you giving it at least a few minutes to dry into your skin before you put your clothes on?

Has anyone else found that BP bleaches some fabric colors more than others? I've noticed that pink, orange, and yellow towels and washcloths are unaffected, but anything with some blue in it (like green or purple) bleaches easily. Same goes for sheets and clothes. I've never done a scientific test, and I'm sure there are other contributing factors like types of dyes and fabrics, but this is my anecdotal evidence from my 20 years of using BP off and on, and it's been pretty consistent. I'm still careful about using only white towels/fabrics directly on areas treated with BP, but inevitably tiny amounts of BP make it onto colored items, and this is what I've observed. Could be helpful for those who have luck with BP but, like me, are unexcited by the prospect of buying only white towels and sheets for the unforeseeable future.

And my husband said I was crazy!

I too noticed that bules (mostly lighter ones I think) seem to be no match for the Bp, no matter how long I let my skin dry. Picks, corals, all thise colors seem to be fine. Even if I wash something that had some Bp on it, I wind up with bleach spots on my clothes.

Has any one found a way to avoid this?

I have never had any bleached pillows or clothes from the use of BP.

I let it absorb into my skin completely, until it's not even on the surface, you guys need to spend more time smoothing the BP into your skin, try like an additional 10 minutes.

I do wait. Sometimes an hour or so before going to bed. My husband also has had problems, and he only uses it at night, but his day clothes are affected.

I thought it might be possible that the Bp is transferring in the wash to other clothes, so we started using only white or cream colored sheets, and washing them only together. We'll see what happens.

I'm not talking about that, an hour is good for that, but I'm talking about when your applying it to your skin, make sure it's all in there, that point where you stop, keep going, to a point where you can't smooth it in any more.