Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antimatter

Eat whatever you want!

After reading about all the so-called bad food, on both acne and weight related books, I came to the conclusion that they are bad simply because they are high in calories(ironically, vegetable are lower in calories than fruit, and fruit are lower in calories than meat). I kept wondering, what if we got rid of those calories as fast as we put them in, then shouldn't we be able to eat them? Unfortunately, I found no answer in any of the books I read. They simply tell us to avoid them, which for many of us, is a lot easier said than done. I mean, we're already suffering from such a goddamn literally hideous disease, why the fuck then aren't we allowed something even as simple as a Superstar Combo? I decided enough is enough.

Then, while researching about the benefits of vegetables, I read about the woman who lived to over 100 by munching on chocolate and pretzels, and another woman who lived to over 100, who attributed to riding her bike daily and never allowed to let herself get bored. I figured, perhaps nature is not so cruel after all, perhaps there is a compromise. I just know that all of this is somehow all very related.

So at the risk of incurring diabetes and a heart attack, three weeks ago, I started eating, for the first day, 6 pieces of Reeses and four slices of enriched bread with extra cheese for breakfast, two Carl Jr. superstars with extra cheese for dinner. The second day was even more intense, two bags of M&M's and two Mr. Goodbars for breakfast, then two Carl's Jr. superstars and two chocolate ice cream cones for dinner. The third day was the same as the second. Basically, the most acne-unfriendly and unhealthy meal one could eat.

Miraculously, I did not breakout, not even once(though I did look fairly flushed, which is expected.) Now what I did was, I spent those entire days riding my recumbent bike whilst watching movies, T.V. and browsing the web. I rode the bike and monitor the calories to make sure that it was approximately the same as the amount of food as I was taking in. I slept for only 5 hrs each day, which is quite remarkable in itself, because lack of sleep has been associated with acne, but I figured burning off the calories is more important than getting enough sleep. I rode it, and this is very important, while I was eating, and then observed the complexion of my stomach. Usually, it gets blotchy really quickly when I eat a "bad food", yet while I'm doing this, it never changed to dark blotches. Whenever it changes slightly, which tells me that my body is overloading, I simply rode the bike faster and it changes to normal within minutes.

My conclusion: you can eat whatever you want as long as you're willing to work it off. For me, it's easy because I love sports, and there's plenty of things to keep me occupied. I really think this is the compromise between me and nature(or perhaps it's just me trying to outwit it. eusa_dance.gif )

Now obviously I don't recommend doing this long term. My plan now is that whenever I crave some bad food, I'll just gulp it up and work it off afterward(if it's a sugary food, then you need to work it off immediately, because the sugar gets absorbed even before it is fully digested). Also, I truly think that when you crave something, you shouldn't deny it, like the woman above who says she never allowed herself to get bored. My theory is that you want to keep your body happy so that it 's more willing to work. Also I believe that one of the reasons you crave those bad food is that it has something that you need, for example, cheese has protein. The problem is that in addition to those missing nutrients, it also has a lot of bad stuff. The key then is to work off those bad stuff off and let it keep the good stuff. How does it know to keep the good stuff, or even if there are any good stuff in it? Well let me tell you another discovery while doing this, which is a miracle in itself, that will answer your question.

The past week, I kept loading up on noodles and corns. Unfortunately, I got a little lazy, so I broke out on the chin, and it was getting pretty large on the third day. Now I was getting a little bored with the current "bad food", so I stopped by McDonald, ordered two cheese burgers and one cup of McFlurry(ice cream mixed with M&Ms). I ate the M&M while riding the bike, after a few minutes, I glanced at the mirror, and miraculously, the nasty whitehead was gone! I kept wondering, was it the water in the ice cream, the nutrients in the M&Ms or the ice cream, or was it the sugar that provided the energy for my exercising that allowed my system to work faster? And it didn’t happen just once. Yesterday, I got a small pimple on the side of my nose, for being lazy again. I ordered the same meal, rode the bike while eating, and once again, the pimple was gone. I was convinced that these “bad food� are not as bad as people claim them to be. It’s only bad only if you don’t work off the bad stuff.

I must caution though, as while researching about the world’s longest living humans, one common theme I found was that people AND animals who ate less and have a low metabolism live the longest. So if there’s a disadvantage to exercising, it’s that it will keep your metabolism high, so while it will keep you away from acne or even disease(cancer(abnormal growth), I believe is the deposit of calories in unwanted places), it will wear down your system faster.

Guest Amy Lee

yeah I've been eating anything I want these days. The days of staying away from "bad" acne-causing foods are over.

theres a big difference in "eatting whatever you want" and eatting excessive amounts of a certain food.

for me, i break out with excessive sugar intake. Like too much refined sugar.

It's all about balancing your intake of food, at least from my experience.

for example, I am ok if I drink one or two sodas a day, if i wanted, but once I go beyond that "60grams of refined sugar" level, my body over reacts, in a way, and I break out. It's all about balance.

What gets me is how people think they breakout from this or that? It takes 2-3 weeks for a pimple to form and come to surface, pimples don't form overnight, they can come to surface overnight but they don't form from scratch in one night. So why do people continue to lie to themselves? What you eat does not cause acne. Believe it.

What gets me is how people think they breakout from this or that? It takes 2-3 weeks for a pimple to form and come to surface, pimples don't form overnight, they can come to surface overnight but they don't form from scratch in one night. So why do people continue to lie to themselves? What you eat does not cause acne. Believe it.

After reading about all the so-called bad food, on both acne and weight related books, I came to the conclusion that they are bad simply because they are high in calories(ironically, vegetable are lower in calories than fruit, and fruit are lower  in calories than meat). I kept wondering, what if we got rid of those calories as fast as we put them in, then shouldn't we be able to eat them? Unfortunately, I found no answer  in any of the books I read. They simply tell us to avoid them, which for many of us, is a lot easier said than done. I mean, we're already suffering from such a goddamn literally hideous disease, why the fuck then aren't we allowed something even as simple as a Superstar Combo? I decided enough is enough.

Then, while researching about the benefits of vegetables, I read about the woman who lived to over 100 by munching on chocolate and pretzels, and another woman who lived to over 100, who attributed to riding her bike daily and never allowed to let herself get bored. I figured, perhaps nature is not so cruel after all, perhaps there is a compromise. I just know that all of this is somehow all very related. 

So at the risk of incurring diabetes and a heart attack, three weeks ago, I started eating, for the first day, 6 pieces of Reeses and four slices of enriched bread with extra cheese for breakfast, two Carl Jr. superstars with extra cheese for dinner. The second day was even more intense, two bags of M&M's and two Mr. Goodbars for breakfast, then two Carl's Jr. superstars and two chocolate ice cream cones for dinner. The third day was the same as the second. Basically, the most acne-unfriendly and unhealthy meal one could eat.

Miraculously, I did not breakout, not even once(though I did look fairly flushed, which is expected.) Now what I did was, I spent those entire days riding my recumbent bike whilst watching movies, T.V. and browsing the web. I rode the bike and monitor the calories to make sure that it was approximately the same as the amount of food as I was taking in. I slept for only 5 hrs each day, which is quite remarkable in itself, because lack of sleep has been associated with acne, but I figured burning off the calories is more important than getting enough sleep. I  rode it, and this is very important, while I was eating, and then observed the complexion of my stomach. Usually, it gets blotchy really quickly when I eat a "bad food", yet while I'm doing this, it never changed to dark blotches. Whenever it changes  slightly, which tells me that my body is overloading, I simply rode the bike faster and it changes to normal within minutes.

My conclusion: you can eat whatever you want as long as you're willing to work it off. For me, it's easy because I love sports, and there's plenty of things to keep me occupied. I really think this is the compromise between me and nature(or perhaps it's just me trying to outwit it.  eusa_dance.gif )

Now obviously I don't recommend doing this long term. My plan now is that whenever I crave some bad food, I'll just gulp it up and work it off afterward(if it's a sugary food, then you need to work it off immediately, because the sugar gets absorbed even before it is fully digested). Also, I truly think that when you crave something, you shouldn't deny it, like the woman above who says she never allowed herself to get bored. My theory is that you want to keep your body happy so that it 's more willing to work. Also I believe that one of the reasons you crave those bad food is that it has something that you need, for example, cheese has protein. The problem is that in addition to those missing nutrients, it also has a lot of bad stuff. The key then is to work off those bad stuff off and let it keep the good stuff. How does it know to keep the good stuff, or even if there are any good stuff in it? Well let me tell you another discovery while doing this, which is a miracle in itself, that will answer your question.

The past week, I kept loading up on noodles and corns. Unfortunately, I got a little lazy, so I broke out on the chin, and it was getting pretty large on the third day. Now I was getting a little bored with the current "bad food", so I stopped by McDonald, ordered two cheese burgers and one cup of McFlurry(ice cream mixed with M&Ms). I ate the M&M while riding the bike, after a few minutes, I glanced at the mirror, and miraculously, the nasty whitehead was gone! I kept wondering, was it the water in the ice cream, the nutrients in the M&Ms or the ice cream, or was it the sugar that provided the energy for my exercising that allowed my system to work faster? And it didn’t happen just once. Yesterday, I got a small pimple on the side of my nose, for being lazy again. I ordered the same meal, rode the bike while eating, and once again, the pimple was gone. I was convinced that these “bad food� are not as bad as people claim them to be. It’s only bad only if you don’t work off the bad stuff.

I must caution though, as while researching about the world’s longest living humans, one common theme I found was that people AND animals who ate less and have a low metabolism live the longest. So if there’s a disadvantage to exercising, it’s that it will keep your metabolism high, so while it will keep you away from acne or even disease(cancer(abnormal growth), I believe is the deposit of calories in unwanted places), it will wear down your system faster.

i eat whatever i want and have flawless skin because i apply a thin amount of bp once a day, and for the last year smile.gif

recently did a commercial and had to use trace amounts of makeup, while the girls were getting lathered up in it to hide stuff

it feels great biggrin.gif

i eat whatever i want and have flawless skin because i apply a thin amount of bp once a day, and for the last year smile.gif

recently did a commercial and had to use trace amounts of makeup, while the girls were getting lathered up in it to hide stuff

it feels great biggrin.gif

i control my acne entirely through diet AND exercise - with one exception, the week prior to my period each month. that week is hormone wacky time and i've decided to just accept the 1-3 pimples that arise then.

i've found that if i eliminate sugar, dairy and wheat products 80-90% of the time AND exercise (ie., run 4 miles) within 24 hours of 'cheating' - i can stay clear. if i choose NOT to run (or some other comparable high impact aerobic activity) - then cheating on my diet will show up in my skin within 3-4 days.

so i agree completely with what sweetjade mentioned, diet and exercise do work better than either alone. and i totally agree in theory with what antimatter suggests - that certain levels of exercise can and does offset the negative effects of 'bad' foods.

DONT FEEL BAD ABOUT ACNE... theres a fun side to everything and this should start clearing that acne off your face.. it's nothing to purchase it's just a regime i invented that works.

Find out about the Evening primrose oil and vitamin B5, B6 connection to beautiful skin... and also ofcouse the BP and SA and TTO connection.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=52726

Take a read at this and post if it makes you smile or giggle. or even giggle so hard you shit yourself.

True it does take that long to come to the surface, but if you eat the same stuff week after week and you keep breaking out who's to say it isn't your diet.  Diet hasn't been proven to effect acne, but I doubt it's been disproven either.

For those who are acne prone, diet does have an affect on acne, for those who are not acne prone, it probably doesn't. but don't u think ur body would be better in general when u eat better and exercise even if it doesn't show on ur skin. although i have seen the connection btwn diet and skin personally(for 4 months i didn't eat any sugar and did a candida cleanse and my skin cleared- unfortunately i did not have the will power to continue), i do believe that everyone is different and genetics plays a role. i also know that i feel crappy when i eat crappy so why would i do that to myself anyway. treat ur mind and body well and other things should follow.

i really think its sugar that plays a part in my acne..i have cut down alot tryin to avoid thebad sugars in anything sweet and i havent broke out.....

butthen again..it could be my tanning helpin or my birht control kickin in...it sucks cuz i really dont know what is helping

That is really great that you have flawless skin.  Unfortunate for many, bp doesn't work for everyone.  If it did, there would be no discussion.  What is your age?  Are you a teen? 

Why do you come to diet/holistic if you eat whatever you want?  Just curious as to what brings you here.

Thanks for sharing your success.

Hey Luv.

On the home page of Acne.org (this sight) there is an add for it, BP gel. It is Benzyl Peroxide. A topographical medicated cream to use on infected skin. It is often effective against the bacterium that causes acne.

OKAY. Now for people about eating anything you want. Nobody is the same. And some people have worse acne than others. This is because they are more susceptible to it. If you have clear skin and say eating anything is okay for you, that that is fine. However you are not the general population. You are one person. Some people are simply more sensitive. Acne cannot be traced back to one specific thing a person does. (Unless they decide to smear olive oil across their face, than we have a problem.) Acne may or may not be related to a compilation of lifestyle. The idea here is that everything is related. You skin cell are created by the energy and nutrients received from your diet. And everybody’s body woks differently. Now it is so kind of you to care so much for other peoples skin, but you have to remember too. Nobody is the same.

Now pimples may take so many weeks, lets say 3 to form. Lets say you have 30 new pimples coming up next week. If you eat “not so good� all that week. Than your body and thus skin has not been receiving the proper nutrients during the time. All 30 of the pimples will surface because your unnourished skin has not been fighting against them in their beginning stages. The time when they are most curable. Now if you were eating healthy during the weeks your body would be fresh and able to fight pimples better, before they ever surface. Resulting in lets say only 10 new ones.

It is just an idea. It seems that diet does hurt my skin. It is like I have a bunch of acne that never surfaces, but it is there waiting. And if I mess up it is ready and waiting.

Is there truth out there?

Antimatter,

More on the aging aspect of this:

Life Extension Update Exclusive

Weight gain associated with aging marker

A report published in the May 3 2005 issue of the American Heart Association journal Circulation (http://circ.ahajournals.org/) demonstrated that weight gain and increased insulin resistance result in greater telomere shortening over time. Telomeres are the genetic material at the end of chromosomes that become progressively eroded with age and oxidative stress. Telomere length has been proposed as a marker of biological, as opposed to chronological, aging.

The study examined blood samples from 49 young men and women who participated in the Bogalusa Heart Study. Blood samples obtained from initial visits between 1988 and 1991 and during follow up visits from 2000 to 2001 were analyzed for fasting glucose and insulin, and white blood cell telomere length. In addition, the homeostasis model of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) was determined. Height and weight were measured at both visits and body mass index calculated.

Increases in both body mass index and insulin resistance as determined by HOMA-IR were significantly correlated with reduction in telomere length. The change in HOMA-IR was also correlated with change in body mass index. Of only three participants whose telomere length increased, two had lost weight and showed less insulin resistance during the 10 to 12 year interval between visits.

The authors, from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and Tulane University in New Orleans, speculate that “oxidative stress, by enhancing telomere erosion per replication, and inflammation, through increasing WBC [white blood cell] turnover, are responsible for the increase in telomere erosion with a rise in insulin resistance in the present study cohort.� They conclude that “Insulin resistance and obesity accelerate aging because they are states of increased oxidative stress and inflammation, which bring about a shorter lifespan. In biological terms, an accelerated WBC telomere attrition rate in insulin resistance and obese states is an affirmation of this concept.�

Protocol

Diabetes type II and the syndrome X connection

Dr. Gerald Reaven, M.D., an authority on insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia, coined the term Syndrome X (in 1988) to identify clusters of symptoms that often accompany abnormal blood glucose levels: hyperlipidemia (too much cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood), hyperinsulinemia (too much insulin in the bloodstream), obesity, and hypertension. Syndrome X, like Type II diabetes, is a condition of insulin resistance, a disorder in which insulin does not produce the same glucose-lowering effects seen in otherwise normal, insulin-sensitive individuals. The failure occurs at the cellular level, robbing insulin of its primary role of glucose delivery.

Syndrome X and many cases of early stage Type II diabetes are conditions of insulin resistance and excesses of compensatory insulin. Hyperinsulinemia, in most cases is only a temporary reprieve in delaying the onset of full-blown diabetes. The pancreas will eventually become weary in its effort to supply the extra insulin needed to forestall the disease.

It is important to note that while almost all Type II diabetic patients are insulin resistant, not all individuals with hyperinsulinemia become diabetics. Although opinions are varied as to the numbers, some speculate that one in four hyperinsulinemic individuals will become diabetics (Lukaczer 1999). Should the individual escape diabetes, hyperinsulinemia is still a significant risk to long-term survival. Note: Several decades ago, investigators at the Bronx Veterans Administration Hospital showed that patients with Type II diabetes could have elevated blood glucose levels despite having higher insulin levels, a revelation that stunned the medical community.

Lipoic acid protects LDL against oxidation and is beneficial in preventing and treating Syndrome X and diabetic complications such as neuropathy. As little as 150-300 mg daily of lipoic acid may be sufficient in healthy individuals. Diabetics usually take 150-300 mg of alpha-lipoic acid 3 times daily. For the last 30 years, German practitioners have used high doses of lipoic acid to improve insulin sensitivity and diabetic conditions.

http://www.lef.org/protocols/prtcl-042.shtml

The idea here is that everything is related. You skin cell are created by the energy and nutrients received from your diet. And everybody’s body woks differently. Now it is so kind of you to care so much for other peoples skin, but you have to remember too. Nobody is the same.

Now pimples may take so many weeks, lets say 3 to form. Lets say you have 30 new pimples coming up next week. If you eat “not so good� all that week. Than your body and thus skin has not been receiving the proper nutrients during the time. All 30 of the pimples will surface because your unnourished skin has not been fighting against them in their beginning stages. The time when they are most curable. Now if you were eating healthy during the weeks your body would be fresh and able to fight pimples better, before they ever surface. Resulting in lets say only 10 new ones.

sorry, but i dissagree with this thread......Western medicine is all about quick fixes....how dare diet be one of the causes of acne....wouldnt need all those expensive medicines that just cover up the symptoms....but Americans arent known for the patience so...

-but regardless if you could eat anything you wanted.....you shouldnt stress if you do eat something.....and always eat in moderation.....alot of acne is mental...have you ever gone through periods of not stressing it, being really occupied with other stuff and not focusing on it.....and all of a sudden your face is much clearer.....think about it...or should i say "DONT THINK ABOUT IT"