Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JKo

how high is too high?

i think i might be going up to 160 even 180mg to get rid of the redness...has anyone every heard or done this

i thought 120 mg was the max per day?

for most people, they start at 20 mg, progress ot 40 mg, 60 mg, 80 mg, 100 mg, 120 mg.

but i thought 120 mg was the max?

i think i might be going up to 160 even 180mg to get rid of the redness...has anyone every heard or done this

Max dose is 1.5mg per kg.  Going higher is not a good idea because:

it can damage the liver

going higher will not increase therapeutic value,

Accutane is not designed for, and will not help redness.

This is precisely the kind of thing that gives Accutane opponents the ammunition for their arguments to discontinue the production of this valuable medication....

Max dose is 1.5mg per kg.  Going higher is not a good idea because:

it can damage the liver

going higher will not increase therapeutic value,

Accutane is not designed for, and will not help redness.

This is precisely the kind of thing that gives Accutane opponents the ammunition for their arguments to discontinue the production of this valuable medication....

I've heard of accutane being prescribed for redness.  For some people accutane helps their rosacea.  I was wishing that they would give me 10mg a week of accutane (i do not know if they would or not) and retin a, but I do not want to break out since I do not get pimples at the moment, so I decided against it.

yea i guess i was pushing it....but i decided to just stay on 120mg...maybe 140mg....anything to get rid of this crap...oh yea i weigh 77kg so thats around 120mg

I think anything above 80 mgs is excessive. I would concentrate on the total cumulative amount consumed throughout the course instead of how high an amount your body can tolerate each day.

Serious medicine that deserves serious consideration. I would venture to say that the vast majority of patients consuming say 40 mgs the 1st month, 60 mgs the 2nd month and 80 mgs thereafter will be clear at the end of their course. Just factor in some patience and you will be clear.

160 mgs actually made me laugh. You might grow a third arm on that amount It would be interesting to see. Or you might get so dry that you will blow away in the wind....lol!