Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Suna

Mlik and your skin, READ!

I know plenty of people like milk, and it's in nearly everything! I liked it so much

that no matter what I was eating I drank milk with it! So I'd say I drank about

4 LARGE glasses a day( Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and sometimes dessert). But

my skin was absolutely aweful, nothing cleared it up! Then I came to the realization that no matter how when I broke out the one thing that was always is

in the backround was milk, ALL the time. So I just stopped drinking, and eating

chees and butter, 'cause one serving of those is like 3 glasses of milk almost.

Admittedly, it was very difficult, I was practically going crazy without it, but that's

a sign that you're addicted to something. And in about one week, NO new zits, it

was great. Milk would be fine if they didn't do all the junk they do to it, but because

of that milk causes mucus, and your body flushes it out thru your skin. This might

not be the case for everyone, but if you have even one glass a day as well as acne,it couldn't hurt to try. and even if it sounds dumb, I'm just sharing what

worked for me,

Veronica( age 15)

How long has it been since you stopped consuming dairy?...I did the same thing and had AMAZING results....but then it all came back after 2 months. sad.gif

In the book Clear Skin by Karen Jessett, she says if you only do one thing to try and clear acne that one thing would be to stop dairy.

I agree it is worth a try for anyone with acne. I know my son has improved so much since he quite all dairy.

Thanks for the post

I'm currently on accutane and I've heard that it is alot more effective to take the pills with a glass of whole milk. Should I stop drinking milk with my pills to give up dairy and improve my acne, or keep taking my pills with milk to improve me acne?

Guest delta force operators

drink soy milk poeple...damn it aint that hard to drink goat milk is good too...after having acne i read imazing books the makers diet the suger busters..u name it i read it..i see nothing wrong with goat milk or soy milk,, rice milk,,and they all taste damn good eat it with ur cereal ur coffee or off ur girlfriends body.. dont drink cow milk it has hormones and all kinds of crap

i agree about the dairy- notmilk.com is an interesting website to read about why we should not drink milk in general and y we should stay away from all dairy products.

i agree about the dairy- notmilk.com is an interesting website to read about why we should not drink milk in general and y we should stay away from all dairy products.

naw, i just took that pic off the web. i wasn't going to actually take a pic of a pizza smile.gif

i'm currently eating some ben & jerry's ice cream, yum!

it's so relaxing not having to worry biggrin.gif

naw, i just took that pic off the web. i wasn't going to actually take a pic of a pizza  smile.gif

i'm currently eating some ben & jerry's ice cream, yum!

it's so relaxing not having to worry  biggrin.gif

Not all milk products are bad! Milk is a very nutrient-dense food. It is a good source of fat-soluble vitamins A und D, which are hard to get otherwise.

I consider unpasteurized, unhomogenized milk products from gras-fed cows as very healthy. I eat plenty of butter und hard cheese made out of raw milk from healthy gras-fed swiss cows and I have no problems whatsoever. Hard cheese and butter is also an option for those who are lactose-intolerant, as they contain almost no lactose.

check out www.realmilk.com!

Getting off dairy helps many people with acne, constipation, mucous, and other ailments.

Some people can eat all the dairy they want with evidently no problem that they know of. An abundance of any high fat food and white flour doesn't sound like a good meal to me regardless of how it tastes.

I think it is negligent to come to diet/holistic and flaunt the fact the you (whoever you are) can ha ha ha eat whatever you want because you use bp. Don't you see that there are people who haven't had that success and are looking for something to help them? I think it is as rude as coming to a forum full of people trying to lose weight and showing a pizza and pretty much laughing in their faces.

Just accept the fact that getting off dairy helps some people a lot. Let's all leave it at that. Got acne, try ditching dairy. Doesn't help to ditch it, go back to dairy if you like.

That's just my opinion.

Guest WhyGOD111
cheese causes me to breakout...i should consider giving up dairy...

how quickly did you begin to see results?

Hey

I quit dairy,,did absolutely nothing. Now im back on it and i havnt noticed a difference in my skin.

'because stuff in milk causes mucus, and your body flushes it out thru your skin.'

Absolute rubbish! Mucus is secreted by the goblet cells in the throat to trap bacteria, dust etc which is then 'wafted' towards the throat by ciliated cells (with little hairs) and swallowed where it can be destroyed by stomach acid.

Which is why wen u hav a cold, the goblet cells produce more mucus to try and get rid of the virus,,,

Please dont guess or make stuff up just to fund ur theory.

If i saw real evidence then i may be persuaded.

In my experience the only foods that make you break out r those that make u more oily,

Hey

I quit dairy,,did absolutely nothing. Now im back on it and i havnt noticed a difference in my skin.

'because stuff in milk causes mucus, and your body flushes it out thru your skin.'

Absolute rubbish! Mucus is secreted by the goblet cells in the throat to trap bacteria, dust etc which is then 'wafted' towards the throat by ciliated cells (with little hairs) and swallowed where it can be destroyed by stomach acid.

Which is why wen u hav a cold, the goblet cells produce more mucus to try and get rid of the virus,,,

Please dont guess or make stuff up just to fund ur theory.

If i saw real evidence then i may be persuaded.

In my experience the only foods that make you break out r those that make u more oily,

i dont understand how you can get enough protein, from a no dairy diet. i personally eat all dairy products, cos if i didnt i wouldnt get enough protein or calcium. Someone said to eat soy-milk ? do you realize how over proccessed and inherentely unnatural it is. I hope your female cos soymilk is not so good for males. as far as milk, i go for unhomogenized cow milk, when you open these bottles, it has the "cream" or "fat" around the top of the bottle, and you know what, thats the best bit, its like 1000 times better than any ice cream, plus good for the stomino. too. smile.gif

and i hear a lot of ppl, saying too avoid anything wheat. but i dont understand, i mean unless your allergic, it is a good natural whole-food, am i right ?

how can you eat oats without milk ? it impossible.

someone tell me how to get calcium and protein, and essential saturated fats in butter, without dairy ? i would like to know. wink.gif