Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Guys,

I have been of antibiotics now for a month and changed my diet about 2 months ago and the results have been very encouraging. My chin area was my worst area for acne before i changed my diet and have had persistant acne there for 10 years. This area is 95% clear now due to changes in my diet.

But, i am suffering with 1 or 2 large zits just above my top lip. They appear every 2 days or so and hang around for ages.

The strange thing is i have never had em in this area before. Any one else suffered with this? May be its the antibiotics which have caused this now i have come of them?

If it wasnt for these buggers i would be clear. Any suggestion to what might be causing it? Its not toothpaste because im very careful with this and have always used the same brand.

Hi Guys,

I have been of antibiotics now for a month and changed my diet about 2 months ago and the results have been very encouraging. My chin area was my worst area for acne before i changed my diet and have had persistant acne there for 10 years. This area is 95% clear now due to changes in my diet.

But, i am suffering with 1 or 2 large zits just above my top lip. They appear every 2 days or so and hang around for ages.

The strange thing is i have never had em in this area before. Any one else suffered with this? May be its the antibiotics which have caused this now i have come of them?

If it wasnt for these buggers i would be clear. Any suggestion to what might be causing it? Its not toothpaste because im very careful with this and have always used the same brand.

i used to get lip acne cuz in class i always use to touch my upper lip..i stopped touching..like only in the shower do i touch it to wash..i get a tiny lip pimp like once a month now

Hi Guys,

Have your derm culture them.  You might have a case of staph infection, which is a different bacteria from the one implicated in acne.  Some of the acne antibiotics will not do well with some staph infections....

I think what derm pro means is have your dermatologist try to culture the bacteria that's  causing the pimples.  It may not be the usual P.acnes that causes acne, but another bacteria that grows on the skin Staphylococcus aureus, which may require a completely different treatment...

Am I right derm pro???  eusa_think.gif

I think what derm pro means is have your dermatologist try to culture the bacteria that's  causing the pimples.  It may not be the usual P.acnes that causes acne, but another bacteria that grows on the skin Staphylococcus aureus, which may require a completely different treatment...

Am I right derm pro???  eusa_think.gif

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replys guys.

Sweetjade, i was on oxytetrecycline on and of for 10 years and minocin for 1 month then i just stopped. So may be candida is a problem and have thought this myself. Im still not sure what is the best cause of action for this though. I have been taking probiotics for over 2 months and up until a week ago had been reducing my sugar drastically, just consuming sugar in fruits. But i fucked up last week, my sister come round for dinner and i ate a LOAD of chocolate and had a beer and now 8 days later im suffering with crappy acne in my usual places. Im not 100% sure its related though, how can you be?

i would lay off the fruits even though they are natural sugar- they are still sugar. also which probiotics are u taking? and are u taking any antifungal supplements? also could be products u are using. if u over exfoliate the lip area, that can trigger it.

Taking Nature's Biotics. (SBO)

Not exfoliating, just use water all the time now.

Not taking antifungal supplements, am considering a small dose of Zinc though. What antifungal supplements would you reccomend?