Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justinb42

Oil control lotion w/spf15

I use basis face soap, acne.org bp gel, and eucerin skin renewing lotion twice a day. While my face has cleared up near-miraculously, my face is still very oily/shiny during the day. Can anyone suggest an oil control lotion to use with/instead of the eucerin? Please advise

IMO, you should continue to use the Eucerin at night, but for the day I would highly recommend Olay's Complete fragrance-free LOTION for combo/oily skin. It contains spf 15 and vitamins E and C. It absorbs very very well into the skin, and should not cause any breakouts.

I've heard good things about Clean & Clear Shine-Free Moisturizer.

I don't use moisturizer during the day, at night I use an AHA cream before applying medication but that's it.

For oiliness during the day, I carry around Clean & Clear Oil-Absorbing sheets... they're awesome and I don't think it makes me break out.

You don't have to moisturize your skin if your skin is already naturally oily.... or at least I don't and I'm a lot less oily that way.

But then how would you get sun protection? sad.gif I have oily skin too and would ditch the moisturizer if it'd cure it. But then summer is like, right here! What do you think?

IMO, you should continue to use the Eucerin at night, but for the day I would highly recommend Olay's Complete fragrance-free LOTION for combo/oily skin. It contains spf 15 and vitamins E and C. It absorbs very very well into the skin, and should not cause any breakouts.

Have you ever considered wearing make-up with SPF protection? I don't use a moisturizer since my skin gets oilier with it on so I use Maybelline Purestay Powder & Foundation. It provides great coverage and has SPF 15. biggrin.gif

I hope that helps. I don't really know of a moisturizer with SPF that doesn't make people oily. Maybe check out Make-Up Alley, there's a bunch of people on there that review different products. You might have to sign-up there but it's worth it.

Good luck hun.

Scratch that... I totally forgot you were a guy. Unless you feel comfortable wearing make-up! Otherwise, go to makeupalley.com You might find a moisturizer with SPF that you're looking for.

k2skidd - is Purestay power foundation oil free. I have wanted to try it but don't know if it is oil free. Thanks!