Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest delta force operators

steroid use and breaking out

pleasse i need some help on controlling the excess hormones im getting marks on my back and they are getting bigger..

can evening primrose help?

i use a SA wash and bp

i

Are you talking about muscle growth steriods? If so, nothing will really help you outside of topicals. If you try to control the hormones through things like primrose, androgen inhibitors, what would be the point of taking the steriods in the first place?

Oh ya, how about we leave out the comments about how bad steriod use is because I'm sure this person knows the risks, much like smokers hate it when you yell at them. They know it causes cancer and don't care.

I won't lecture on the dangers of steroid use, but I will lecture on being EDUCATED about steroids before deciding to use. Honestly, please please please go read up on some body building forums about what to take to minimize the side effects steroids can have on your body, and please be sure to get a blood test every cycle.

j

alright im reading right now and they are talking about post cycle

im looking into it. it is said to help stabilize the hormones

its estrogen ,side effects include gyno but it can help with steriod induced acne

if i dont do this post cycle, how long will it take for my hormones to normalize after initail steriod use.. 1 month 2?

im taking evening primrose oil,

i know this was a bad for me to do this without knowing better, im just looking for help..

www.steroid.com

nah i didnt shoot up. i took a over the counter supplement called DHEA

not much is known about it but i found out it can couse oily skin and acne..

it acts like a steroid couse it is a two step proccess it changes from dhea to testosterone and another hormone

i took large amounts until i noticed acne then i immediatly stopped..

the acne is still there and hard to controll its been there for a month.

.i ask nutritionist but they said . u should be well in a month ... but im not.. i need help on stabiling hormones coused by dhea she said to drink lots of water to help flush the dhea residue out... its this bs...ive been doing that couse thats what i always did when i got acne but not working this time

anyways to get rid of dhea induced acne... maybe evening primrose oil.. im looking for honest help... thank you all for looking

i guess im looking for help controlling steriod induced side effects like acne and aggression.. couse more people know about steroids..

.l.

and steroids arent bad its just that people abuse them..

Oh I thought you were taking stronger steriods. Since DHEA is the precursor to testosterone and more htan likely if you have been taking elevated levels of this and your androgen is high, you are probably going to convert more testosterone into DHT.

Try searching again for posts that reduce DHT, as there is a wealth of information out there. I'll tell you now that they are getting hte patent for Equol, which is in soy. I wrote a long post about it a while back. Basically it completely blocks the production of DHT from 5-AR. YOu still have testosterone and estrogen but not the DHT, which is one of the reasons people can break out, plus it won't limit your gains when working out, somethign soy can do.

YOu could also search for DHT and soy isoflavones.

Plus you'll never get prostate cancer with this. eusa_dance.gif

In soy, there are two chemicals, genistein and daidzein. Daidzein is then converted in your body to equol. SOme can't convert it, much like some can't convert the useful DHA, EPA from flax, so taking pure equol eliminated that risk, much like fish oil and omega 3. Do a search for these two chemicals here.

deleted my post. I just looked at the thread again and it say that you took dhea.

how long were you on it?

and how much was your dosage?

how old are you?

if you did take it long enough, your natural test levels might of dropped. This means your body now is" recovering" trying to get the naturat test levels back. Depending on how much suppression took place , it could take anywhere from 1-3 month to get your test levels back to normal. Its kind of like going through puberty again in respects to the changing hormone levels.

so i dont think there is much you can do except ride it out and for sure use antibiotics. go see doctor if your not already on accutane.

also your question about post cycle recovery to stabilize your hormones.

nolvadex, clomid, and or tribulus is what you need for post cycle.

but since your not educated in steroid use and proper post cycle you should stay away from everything, go see the doctor and tell him what you did , and maybee he can help

answer the first questions, then we will know where you stand

ps. dhea is pretty crappy stuff. there are whay better thing out there with less side effects. I know of one awesome product, which it doesnt mess with your hormone levels but puts on quality muscle. No zits, no gyno, no post cycle therepy, no hormone changes.

If your in

i took 100-200 mg a day before i noticed back acne

.. i imediately stopped i would say i was on it for about 2 weeks

.. couse the acne just flared up out of now where it went to my face.. bunch of red marks.. chest cystic

. then i stopped its been a month.. and the acne is still there getting bigger

anything i do to stop it it wont have an affect.. my hormones are way out of order.

i am gonna go on antis

.but when i went through puberty i didnt get that much acne.. how come im getting more now..

also ive been taking evening primrose oil i added ala and sal palmetto to my supplement list....

any insights and thoughts ,, thank you

im 17

also im looking for a natural way couse i already went on accutane once and the dhea will be taxing on my liver

also im looking for a natural way couse i already went on accutane once and the dhea will be taxing on my liver

I notice a lot of the really strong guys have huge cysts on their backs... you can notice it when they wear tank tops.

I think bodybuilding is a tradeoff... you either get huge and have bad skin, or you're a shrimp with decent skin... you have to decide which is more important to you, your muscles or your skin. I only do heavy weights on the tricep exercises, everything else is just circuit training for me.

I know some people who did steroids. Only thing that will help with steroid induced acne is accutane, but you cant use accutane and steroids at the same time (will destroy your liver), so you'll have to wait till the cycle is done.

O yeah, I also know some people who died or nearly died because of steroids.

Train naturally or dont train at all.

only thing is accutane???

From what I have heard and seen, yes. Unfortunately. The last thing your liver is waiting for after or during steroid use is accutane. It's like kicking a guy who's already down. :(

Of course you can also wait and let time heal the acne. A friend of mine had acne for two years after his cycle (large dosages of Winstrol, Testosterone and Dianabol I think it was). After that, the acne dissapeared (slowly). By the way, he also developed gynocomastica aka bitch tits - he had surgery for that. His favorite bodybuilder was Markus Ruhl, so go figure. :lol2:

Guest Mr K

I have steroid induced acne - from taking stanazol which is almost the same thing as winstrol - anyway my acne has healed without the use of accutane.

Yeap - i wish body builders themselves would speak out more about the problems with steroids.

I always wondered why Flex Wheeler stopped competing - and i found out becuase he had destroyed his liver.

A lot of pros have stopped competing lately due to health problems: Tom Prince (kidneys), Don Long (kidneys), Don Youngblood (died), those are a few that come to mind. There are probably more.

Ronnie Coleman can go on forever, he's natural... :liar:

Guest Mr K

who said hes natural????

No Pro has ever covered up this fact.. no ones natural.

Guest Mr K

i never even cycled - i stopped it after a week.

PCT?

PCT is Post Cycle Therapy. Taking liver protectants and other supps after a cycle, such as:

Rebound XT

Clomid

Saw Palmetto

Milk thistle

Celery seed extract

Hawethorne berry, etc.

These are to protect your liver, combat potential gyno, increased blood pressure etc.

I didn't know you were only on them for a week, did you get many bad side effects?

Guest Mr K

I was taking milk thistle -

since i wasnt taking very much " it was more of a test to see how my body would react.

I dont think you need that stuff if your booting as it doesnt pass through your liver.

Side effects - MY ACNE, crazy crazy hair growth, roids rage and i stopped training cuzz i had no energy afterwards.

I stopped after a week because these are all the side effects i started noticing.... fcken crazy!

A lot of guys take low dose while they are on a cycle (or year round). 40mg per week is usually adequate to control the acne and it's not really an added stress on the liver at that low dose.

No, you definitely don't want to do a conventional Accutane course when you're on steroids.

Ah ok.

However, some oral steroids/prohormones such as Superdrol are actually more toxic and harmful to the liver than some injectable androgenic steroids.

Guest Mr K

DONT TAKE ORAL FULLSTOP.

Everyone is different. Hence different side effects.. i know from this test im prone to them all.

Life sucks!!!! - Now i have acne