Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today I was talking to my grandma on the phone and she told me she would help me pay for a derm about a week ago. And so she tells me on the phone "If you dye your hair red they will match your pimples." I'm like gee... no one at school makes fun of me for having acne yet my own family does. So I tell her "Fuck you" and she hangs up on me... Just needed to let out some steam...

yeah my grandma said to me... " your spots are looking bad it must be really horrible when u shave " and shed like look at them and shit which wud piss me rite the fuck off and she said " what do u take for ur spots because they arnt looking better they are really red and nasty " this was awhile ago tho shes told me they r lookin better recently biggrin.gif

What is it with grandmothers, eh? My grandmother recently said about the same thing to me. Maybe they're just so old they forget what it was like when they had spots... Grrrr...

Guest Amy Lee

You shouldn't have said "fuck you" to her because of course it will hurt her feelings. Though what she said about your pimples matching your red hair when you dye it is not funny either, but who knows she could be just kidding you to lighten up the conversation.

I know my grandma's like that to me too. She tries so hard to be funny when she's not, well at least I'm happy at this age she puts effort to be funny too.

Please say sorry to her, and explain how you just got pissed off by what she said. I'm sure she'll understand.

Cheers.

Well... I guess I'll apologize to her later after I cool down a bit...

Right now I'm just pissed off because of that. Nothing new, my grandma always says stuff like this to me. And she wonders why I never call her...

she offered to pay for your derm you have to remeber that she is trying to help you and hopes you will realise this, omg i cannot believe you treat someone that is trying to help you like that

Guest Shjaker
shock.gif

you cant say that to an old lady!

Guest PinkStar

I'm sure she wasn't saying it in a bad way, but she thought she'd make you laugh. You shouldn't have taken it too personal and maybe just said "Uhm,grandma,your joke is not that funny."

Maybe try and call her back saying "Look,I didn't mean to be impolite or rude or anything,but since these skin problems are really affecting me,I didn't take your joke that well.I know I shouldn't have said that to you,I'm sorry."

I'm sure she'll understand and still try to help you.

yeah my grandma said to me... " your spots are looking bad it must be really horrible when u shave " and shed like look at them and shit which wud piss me rite the fuck off and she said " what do u take for ur spots because they arnt looking better they are really red and nasty " this was awhile ago tho shes told me they r lookin better recently  biggrin.gif

Guest WhyGOD111
Today I was talking to my grandma on the phone and she told me she would help me pay for a derm about a week ago. And so she tells me on the phone "If you dye your hair red they will match your pimples." I'm like gee... no one at school makes fun of me for having acne yet my own family does. So I tell her "Fuck you" and she hangs up on me... Just needed to let out some steam...

she offered to pay for your derm you have to remeber that she is trying to help you and hopes you will realise this, omg i cannot believe you treat someone that is trying to help you like that

I think family say that because they are family and they think they can get away with their scathing comments. I a friend said that to me they would know to run away fast b4 i kicked their heads in. But i would never have said fuck off! I would have made her feel guilty by saying ' im going to hang up now because you really hurt my feelings there' she will be upset that she hurt you, and she will be all apologetic and nice to you. But i think you should apologise before things get nasty.

i dont think it is at all amazing i think it is rude an ungrateful.

you have to remember that when your granma was younger they probably didn't have much information on acne and to them it was just 'spots'. I think someon who is paying for a derm for you if obviously trying their best to help and you should giver a abit of thanks ffs

Guest Shjaker

I guess it all depends on the grandmother. Mine's a bitch. She's always been the nastiest most spiteful person to me. I don't care if she's a "little old lady" she's still a bloody person, she's not some braindead moron, and should be repsectful of other people's feelings.

I had to ask permission to open the fridge/go upstairs/use the washroom/watch TV/touch anything, she used to send me out to play when it was storming out, she talked to me coldly like I was a piece of useless crap but when my other cousins were there she's all Miss Wonderful Grandma Of The Year!

If I walked into the room:

"Oh... -snide tone- What are you doing here?"

If my cousin walked into the room:

"Hiii Kari!! How are yoou??"

She was really neglectful as a grandmother and got me the cheapest junk for holidays or nothing at all [the same with my brothers, but she treated my aunts' children wonderfully], she's very manipulative/mean/cruel the whole nine yards and treats my mum the same way. A few years ago I saw her somewhere and she tried to hug me acting all like we were best buds and I told her not to touch me.

I could go on about what a godawful person she is but I think my fingers might go numb.

But anyway, in THIS case she's trying to help and buying for the derm so be nice lol

Guest Amy Lee

^^not being too upfront now are we? biggrin.gif

but at least I'm glad you never generalize all grandmas...

My grandma is ignoring me now. Oh well. She won't answer the phone for me to apologize...

Guest Amy Lee
My grandma is ignoring me now. Oh well. She won't answer the phone for me to apologize...